iPad mini Anybody return Air and get a rMini, or have both?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mjmar, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Mjmar macrumors 65816

I'm contemplating returning my Air to get a mini. It will save me $100 and I'll be able to hold the iPad more easily in bed - which is where I use it 50% of the time. Only thing is, I use it on a table the other 50% of the time, and I'm worried that the text on web pages will be too small for me to see. Can anybody comment on what it was like to go from an Air to a retina mini?

2. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

I have both. The mini screen is smaller, which means the text will be. Some stuff you have to zoom on. The Air screen is brighter and sharper. I dont have to zoom for anything. Air is an awesome tablet.

3. Macalway macrumors 68000

I have both

The Air is such a substantial upgrade it has, in some ways, eclipsed the Mini's usefulness. Having said that, the Mini is still a great device

Some will prefer the smaller form factor

4. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

I have the Air and now the rMini. Was intending to keep both but the rMini is just so good that I think I'll return the Air. True the Air has a more vibrant screen but the rMini is more useful to me. I have a 2013 MacBook Air 13" for real work at home.

5. BC-2 macrumors member

BC-2

I have both the Air and the Retina Mini. I find myself using the Air in portrait most of the time because it's large enough that I don't need to zoom often. The Mini, I tend to use in landscape the majority of the time because the text is too small to view comfortably (strains my eyes). Both are great and I will keep both. However, if for some reason I could only have one, for me it would be the Air. Definitely a matter of personal preference and individual needs.

6. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Time to eat crow with posts regarding the rMini not having a great screen.

Get ready for your jaw to drop, make sure you watch in HD:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6v2L2UGZJAM

I cannot chose between the Air and rMini. Same dilemma as before, large screen versus smaller more portable.