Anybody return their rMBP for a cMBP? Why?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by urkel, Mar 21, 2013.

1. urkel macrumors 68030

Im curious if anyone else out there returned their rMBP for a cMBP, and also what the reason was.

Im not trying to flame any product here because I feel the 15" rMBP is Apple's finest MacBook to date and I can see why people would value the screen over all other specs, but for MY photography workflow there were enough issues (internal storage, upgradability) that I felt it is just a bit ahead of its time and sidegraded to a cMBP with a dual SSD/HDD setup.

I definitely want Retina again but in all my time admiring it, I just never felt I "needed" it and the only thing I really miss are the superior rMBP speakers. But how about anyone else?

2. Trubbles macrumors regular

I couldn't imagine going back.

I have learned to live with the limited internal storage (by buying an external drive) but of course that is an individual preference based on my workflow.

The screen has spoiled me for all other laptops. I had my rMBP in the shop for the past 2 days (for a monitor swap due to ghosting/image retention) and I went back to my old MBP. I can't believe how spoiled my eyes are now!!

The other thing that works well for me is the lighter weight. 1 lb doesn't sound like much, but after lugging my 5.6 lb MBP around the rMBP feels a lot lighter!

3. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Yes I returned my rMBP because I got an amazing cMBP for 1/2 it would cost for the same rMBP.