Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nrd

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2005
New Jersey
majorp said:
I hope so, might mean it can be fixed with a software update:rolleyes:

My buzz was fixed by letting the machine burn in for a bit. I've had it for a week and a half now, with it running almost all of the time. I noticed the buzz was gone after I was using only one core (via CHUD) for a period of time.

I think everyone needs to take a deep breath, step away from the machine and come back later. At least for me, it helped.

g0gie

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2005
Was your noice the only that only runs when running off the battery? If so, were you running on battery power for 2 weeks?

entropy1980

macrumors regular
May 14, 2003
Canyon Country, CA
nrd said:
My buzz was fixed by letting the machine burn in for a bit. I've had it for a week and a half now, with it running almost all of the time. I noticed the buzz was gone after I was using only one core (via CHUD) for a period of time.

I think everyone needs to take a deep breath, step away from the machine and come back later. At least for me, it helped.
Ok what the heck did your answer have to do with the original question about whether running Windows fixed it?

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
entropy1980 said:
Ok what the heck did your answer have to do with the original question about whether running Windows fixed it?

Is that what those two questions meant?

entropy1980

macrumors regular
May 14, 2003
Canyon Country, CA
bousozoku said:
Is that what those two questions meant?
Well it sure as heck didn't ask if you ran CHUD and turned a processor off it went away. All I see is a question whether or not anybody is running XP on it and if by doing that it made the whine go away.

nrd

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2005
New Jersey
entropy1980 said:
Well it sure as heck didn't ask if you ran CHUD and turned a processor off it went away. All I see is a question whether or not anybody is running XP on it and if by doing that it made the whine go away.

The noise is a hardware issue. Installing XP will not make it go away. I commented on what did seem to make it go away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.