Anybody sorry they downloaded 4.0.1?

tac73cle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
I've held off installing it on my iPhone 4, because there doesn't seem to be any real benefit to this update, and I'm worried about unintended changes that would make things worse (like 3G owners are experiencing with iOS4).

So if you did download 4.0.1, would you do it again, or does it matter?

parajba

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2008
Just my two cents.

Bought the iPhone 4 yesterday from Three (UK). Awesome deal btw.
Upgraded to 4.0.1 and the phone is working fab. No problems whatsover.

Can't comment on the actual benefits over the 4.0.0 as I didn't use the Phone until after the upgrade.

Comment

DAMNiatx

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2009
It always great to have latest firmware, rather than have getting annoying alert from itunes. Btw, I didn't notice improvement either.

Comment

Alonzo84

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2009
North Carolina
i would strongly recommend not downloading 4.0.1. I tried to update my iP4 and it didn't complete. Now i can't use my phone at all...a link to my problem if anyone can help

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/982156/
That doesn't sound related to the update. Mine updated fine, it just took a long time. I had to change my computer settings to keep it from going into sleep mode while it was going through the process.

Comment

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
No reason to not get it.

All it changes is the bars. If someone has a problem it's because there's something wrong with their phone. In other words, it would have freaked out soon even if they hadn't updated.

And frankly, I'm happy to have more honest bars now. If you like having Apple lie to you, stick with 4.0.

Otherwise, upgrade.

Comment

Mosco

macrumors regular
May 26, 2002
It also contained a fix for an exchange issue. It wasn't in the changelist but apple mentioned it during their event.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.