All iPads Anybody still interested in Ipad mini 1st gen?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by raccoonboy, Nov 17, 2013.

1. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

Now price down to 299 usd which was where it was supposed to be priced at launch.

Im interested to sell my Ipad 2 and get the original Mini because, i honestly can't tell the diff between mini and mini 2 (maybe my eyesight is bad). Its cheaper and i think at the moment to 64bit still has problem with apps force close???

If anyone can advise.

2. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Id still get the original mini. With the dropped retail price, refurb and used models will be even cheaper! Nothing beats that kind of a bargain!

But if you don't see a difference in screen, the only issue for you may be speed. The retina mini is much faster, but I have no problems with my iPad mini's speed

3. Rodster macrumors 68040

I'm interested in the Walmart $100 GC on BF. A 16 mini for $199 is tempting. :)

4. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

My GF and I are getting a 1st gen Mini for her son. I also plan on getting my mom one someday. That Black Friday deal at WalMart is tempting, but I really don't want to put myself into that kind of social situation.

5. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

I plan on keeping my original mini for a good while longer - it still suits my needs well enough :)

6. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

iPad Mini 1 is almost exactly the same internally as the iPad 2. So you are willing to plonk down $300+ just for the smaller form factor? At that point you may as well go for the rMini since that would have a longer expected support span. Otherwise, in my opinion, you are putting down the full price of the purchase just to one feature.

7. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Maybe at $199-225 it becomes tempting. $299 for two year old guts and and a not so great screen is no bargain in my mind. There is $100 worth of upgrades in the rMini and the enjoyment level will be higher. I have an rMini and Air. The only issues I've run into is Safari frequently crashing. Everything else has been solid.

8. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Nope, Im willing to plonk $200 for a refurb or used one :]