Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SurferMan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2010
South FL
Mine's now over three years old... gets used a lot every day, gets charged every night. The battery still lasts pretty much as long as when it was new.

The only thing that annoys me is the lagginess... iOS5 definitely taxes it.

Waiting for the iPhone 5...
No doubt, the whole "3GS still supported" is mute since the phone runs crappy on iOS5 (not as fast or smooth as previous OSs), can see plenty of post on here regarding this. It's jailbroken and my serial and early baseband allowed me to downgrade back (which I don't think everyone can do on their 3GS), tried multiple times and iOS5 has basically no wifi (yet works fine in iOS4), and is laggy and glitchy, but phone works 100% perfect on iOS4, no typing lag either, my keyboard lagged like crazy on and off when typing in iOS5.

Indy21

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2008
Yep.

I wanted a iPhone when they first came out but didn't have the funds and had just renewed a contract with T mobile, Doh!

So I held out for a couple of years and followed everything having to do with the iPhone.

Finally my day came and I got the 3GS on release day, I was so excited! (my wife settled for a 3G ;) )

I've had it ever since and I'm SO ready for the next iPhone. I think sitting out on the 4 and 4S will definately be worth the wait.

Also, the screen on mine has been busted since last Halloween, so yeah, like I said, I'm SO ready!

The sooner the better as far as I'm concerned. :D

SimonasLT

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
Well, I`m still using iPhone 3G from 2008. Plastic near dock connector and headphone jack cracked, but for being 4 years old, device is still in very good condition. Oh, and running 3.1.3. Performance is great, but you would be shocked, how many apps require at least iOS4 - AppStore on iOS3 is almost useless. Even Facebook and Skype won`t install ;/
P.S. Wanted to upgrade to iPhone 4S, but I refuse to buy another smartphone with 3.5" display. Hopefully this year`s iPhone update won't disappoint me :)

yellowbunny

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2010
3GS is still my only phone and i'm still extremely happy with it. I've been out of contract for over a year but didn't fancy either the 4 or 4s. Might get the new one when it comes out but too be honest the 3GS still satisfies my uses 100%.

roblin

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2007
I am. Was goona go for the 5 but it became a 4s and since I skipped the 4 it seems like all my waiting would have been for nothing...

The 3Gs sure feels much slower today than when I bought it :(

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Rocking' "A" iPhone 3GS?? Man, I'm rocking' TWO 3GS, one black & one white. Black one for data only & white one for text and calls only. That's how much I love the 3GS, the design & the speed. iOS 5 didn't even slow it down, quite satisfied with it!

84jeepjohn

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
My wife is still using one. It's been in a sink of water and in the toilet TWICE. FREAKIN THING STILL WORKS. Except for the home button and being slow lol. She drops it all the time too :) gotta admire the build quality. She didn't want to upgrade, but at this point I'm not giving her the choice lol

Reason077

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2007
Still rockin' my 3GS as my everyday phone. I'm still in love with its sexy curves, and the fact that its basically indestructible.

Have to say though, the iPhone 5 with a slimmer profile and taller screen might just steal my heart.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.