Anybody successfully used Best Buy 10% coupon buing Ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nph, Jun 16, 2010.

1. nph macrumors 6502a

I heard from a sales lady at Best Buy that they will take their 10% coupon when buying an ipad. But then another lady said the opposite so which is it?

Has anyone been successful at using the Best Buy 10% coupon when buying an iPad?

Thanks

2. alexandercase macrumors newbie

per sop and on the back of the coupon you can not use it on any apple product. including the ipad.

maybe you will get lucky and get someone who is uninformed.

3. gillybean macrumors 6502a

I tried using a 15% coupon (on the coupon it said it was valid for iPods too), but they didn't accept it.

4. daviddu macrumors newbie

You can´t apply 10 % off best buy coupon when buying ipad. Apple products are exempt from discounts in best buy.

5. hcho3 macrumors 68030

The coupon says it applies to all open box. Best buy is just full of crap.

6. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

But not Apple. Apple doesn't allow their products in ANY discounts like that in any store, and Best Buy has to honor that.

7. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Open box items may be different, but all new apple gear can't be used with z coupon, their system won't allow it, I know I had someone try on an apple tv and it wouldn't go through. I have never tried open box though, and those may be allowed then, not sure though.

8. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Go ahead and try it, but it's not going to work. The register will deny the coupon and if you press the issue, the cashier will bring over a manager to try the override and unless the manager is a complete idiot (you might get lucky - it is Best Buy after all) he'll tell you it's not good for Apple products.

9. BadgerMac macrumors regular

I used the 10% off open-box and got an iPad yesterday. Doesn't say on the Open Box coupon that Apple is excluded like it does with other coupons.