anybody suffer from backlight bleed on the 27inch?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mrmicp, Dec 17, 2009.

1. mrmicp macrumors member

I have decided to send my imac 27inch back to apple because of my backlight bleed issue. It doesn't look AS bad as it appears in the picture but you can definitely see it when you have a black screen. I'm going to be starting a photography course soon and think it's unacceptable on a machine worth this much. I have a 24inch imac with a less superior screen and that is perfect with no backlight bleed at all.

Before I send it back though I just want to check if anybody else has this problem. The best way to check is to start frontrow or play a DVD so you get the black bars top and bottom.

it's a shame because everything else about the mac is perfect and it's a gamble if I get one without any dead pixels or noisy HDD or yellow tinge etc.... but if I do I will keep on sending it back until it's right.

Attached Files:

2. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

I may do, but I don't use my iMac in the dark with a black screen often enough to know.

3. mrmicp thread starter macrumors member

it doesn't have to be in the dark to see it, but when I watch movies I often do watch them in the dark also from a photo editing point of view it isn't going to give you a true representation either. These panels are supposed to be pretty much the best you can buy so I expect it to be at least as better as my old 24 inch iMac. If you are able to I'd appreciate it if you could just go into front row and have a quick look would only take you a minute or so :)

4. Sir Cecil macrumors 6502a

You're wasting your time. If you tilt the screen slightly or move very slightly from left to right, the so-called bleed moves its intensity to another spot. It's not light bleed at all in my opinion, and more to do with reflections on the surface or coating of the glass.
    If what you see is anything like what I see on my screen (and all other glass-fronted Macs I've seen), your photo exposure makes the effect look 20-times worse than it is.