Anybody tempted by the 12.2 galaxy note or 13. ipad?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by The Game 161, Oct 25, 2013.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Is this something you might be waiting for instead of going for the current 9.7 and 10.1 inch tablets?

2. jamezr macrumors G3

jamezr

I would LOVE to have a larger iPad! Take the top part off of the current MacBook Air and I'm buying it....

3. Oohara macrumors 68020

Oohara

For that size touchscreen I'd probably prefer a convertible laptop. The 13.3 Android + Win 8 Samsung Ativ Q would be my dream machine. If it ever gets released, that is :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B822Un-WR44

4. cube macrumors G5

This is what I'm waiting for since years ago, or rather A4.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I would not be interested in anything larger than about 10 inches.

6. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

:p

7. tbayrgs, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013

tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

I was enamored with the Ativ Q as well, until the rumors that it may not be released at all due to patent issues.

Alternatively, the Asus Transformer Book Trio caught my eye. Similar to the Ativ Q except in a slightly smaller form factor and lower resolution (still 1080p though) with a completely removable tablet. Heck you can even run the tablet separately in Android and the base as a Windows PC connected to an external display.

My enthusiasm is tempered a bit though as I picked up a Surface Pro 2 yesterday (and it's now packed up to go back). I haven't used Windows full-time in a few years and after a few hours, quickly remembered why I ditched it. It's OK as a desktop OS but really inadequate in the tablet format and Microsoft and Google's inability to play nice together limits it further. Pair it with Android in one device would improve this predicament but I really just don't like Windows very much.

Now if Apple would create a hybrid tablet/laptop that could run both iOS and OS X, I'd be all in. Heck, I'd even like to see a similar device with Android/Chrome OS.

8. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

No 10.1 is my limit for a non laptop based mobile device.