Anybody think home Sharing will be fixed with 6.1

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by guitarmandp, Jan 8, 2013.

1. guitarmandp macrumors 6502

It's amazing to me how buggy home sharing is on iOS 6. I refuse to update my iPad to iOS 6 until home Sharing is fixed.

Does anybody know if this feature is fixed o the beta of iOS 6.1?

2. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

Can u elaborate "buggy" ? Mine works seamlessly , though , this feature is highly dependent on your wireless router and its capabilities

3. CB1234 macrumors 6502a

CB1234

You refuse to update to iOS6, you say….. um, so how do you know it is buggy?

Works seamlessly for me too…

4. elistan macrumors 6502a

5. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

jonnyb098

I believe the OP is referring to the fact that home sharing for music is a disaster. I've had the same issue with iOS 6 on all my devices. Never had any issues before the upgrade. Basically the problem involves the music app almost never displaying the full list of artists or albums until going into settings, logging out and then back in to home sharing which is complete nonsense. Also album art is not displayed properly. And forget about streaming a 1080p movie.

6. gglittle macrumors regular

I've got 6.1 Beta 4 on my iPad 3, and it shares music and audio from the Audible app just fine with my Apple TV. 6.0.2 on my iPhone 5 works fine as well. 1080P problems I cannot speak to since I use Apple ID direct from Apple TV and do not send video from iPad, iPhone, or MacBook. It was also working across all devices on 6.0.1 and 6.0, so honestly I've not seen any issues, other than sometimes my fat fingers could not select the itty-bitty icon in the Audible app.

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I have iPhone 5 on 6.0.2, all the rest of my devices are still on 5.1.1
    No issues ever, before or after iOS6

8. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

jonnyb098

You are getting home sharing confused with AirPlay. Home sharing is only available on iPhones and iPads using apples own music and video apps.

9. guitarmandp thread starter macrumors 6502

My iPad mini and 2 of my iPod touches are running iOS 6. Home sharing takes about twice as long to load as it did on iOS 5.1 and it also will not show artists, albums, or composers only songs, playlists, and genres.

This is an obvious bug and I refuse to update my iPad 3rd generation to iOS 6 until this is fixed.

10. garybUK Guest

garybUK

Not only music but TV shows are more or less completely useless in iOS 6, I've resorted to enabling my iTunes library as a web share and using safari to play...

11. guitarmandp thread starter macrumors 6502

To this day I don't understand how this bug could go unnoticed. I use home sharing the most on my iPad. I see no reason to upgrade until this is fixed

12. old-wiz macrumors G3

No problem with music or TV shows purchased or movies via home sharing on IOS 6, iPad 3, Apple TV.

13. guitarmandp thread starter macrumors 6502

Post a screen shot of your artists on your iPad 3.

Home Sharing works on AppleTV it doesn't work on my iPod touches or iPad mini and many other people have this exact problem.

I can access playlists, songs, and genres with home sharing I can't access artists, albums, or genres. When I go to artists it displays like 15 artists in my library out of hundreds

14. BrokeTechLover macrumors regular

^

This,,and it's annoying cause I'm neurotic about my itunes library and love to have everything perfect lol

15. guitarmandp thread starter macrumors 6502

I wonder if this intentional so people end up paying for iTunes Match

16. garybUK Guest

garybUK

Seems to work fine on my household's 5 iPhones but iPad's are useless but AppleTV's work fine, as do via the Remote App so it's something to do with the iPad version of the Music / Video's app .... not got a mini or a iPod Touch so can't vouch for those.

I'm not talking about a few tv shows, i'm talking about 571gb worth of TV episodes, one minute you will see everything in order... next minute they are all jumbled up with the odd Music Album or Movie cover thrown in, with no text under it and un'tap-able' word? :)

Completely and utterly buggy!

17. guitarmandp thread starter macrumors 6502

The setup I have is that I have a Bose Soundlink 10 in my bedroom and I use home sharing on my iPad to pull up all of the music on my computer and play it through my Soundlink 10. This setup works fine with my iPad on iOS 5.1.1 but does not work very well on my iPad mini on iOS 6 because I can't browse by artist, or album. It's not as big of a deal on my iPod touch which I have in another room because with that I basically just shuffle songs but on my iPad I like to be able to listen to albums and I can't do that with artist, and albums being blocked.

The remote app works fine on iOS 6, but the remote app is only useful if you have AppleTV or Airplay. I do not have Airplay and AppleTV is in my living room.

18. saxman211 macrumors regular

saxman211

I have an ipad 3 and my Home Sharing wont even load music or movies after updating to IOS6. I even took a chance in buying a new router, thinking maybe I needed to upgrade it. That didn't work either. Sad thing is, Apple tech. support initially took my call, but the main person I tried to talk to about the issue basically ignores my calls and every other tech support person I talk to acts like the problem doesn't exist. They all say that no one else is calling in with this issue. Has anyone in this thread called apple support??? I wish I could take my iPad back now... Home sharing is a big part of why I got it...

19. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

Try going into settings and take out your account email and password and then put it back in after exiting out of the settings app. (On the iPad)

20. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

jonnyb098

That is only a temporary fix that barely lasts a couple hours.

21. declandio macrumors 6502

I have an ipad2 with 6.0.1, Home Sharing works perfectly. Same goes for an iphone5 with 6.0.2. Maybe you should try a restore...

----------

I have an ipad2 with 6.0.1, Home Sharing works perfectly. Same goes for an iphone5 with 6.0.2. Maybe you should try a restore...

22. guitarmandp thread starter macrumors 6502

Post a screen shot of your artists

And no point in doing a restore. If it doesn't work on several different devices than its an obvious bug

23. declandio macrumors 6502

Well, I also have several devices and it works fine on all of them. Restore should sort it but if you're not willing to try that, good luck!

24. guitarmandp thread starter macrumors 6502

So let me get this straight. It's a coincidence that 2 iPod touches and my iPad mini are suffering from this same problem? Even though a google search for my problem brings up many people who have this issue.

25. declandio macrumors 6502

Well then, maybe the problem is something to do with your configuration, network or all kinds of other possibilities. A restore on one of them will help you determine that. No one seems to be able to help you so your options seem to be limited that. Since you refuse to try that then its seems that you're stuck.

Is it a coincidence that mine all work fine as do plenty of other peoples'?!