Anybody tried Borland C++ 6 on a rMBP?

hajime

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hello, I got some codes that were developed under Borland c++ 6 about 8 years ago. Anybody tried this version on the rMBP? Do the letters, graphics and UI look nice? Thanks.

robvas

macrumors 68040
Mar 29, 2009
USA
Hello, I got some codes that were developed under Borland c++ 6 about 8 years ago. Anybody tried this version on the rMBP? Do the letters, graphics and UI look nice? Thanks.
That is an antique Windows compiler - what business would you have running it on a Mac?

Comment

iMacFarlane

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2012
Adrift in a sea of possibilities
I doubt that the full suite of tools for Borland C++ 6.0 would even run on modern Windows systems, let alone OS X. If it's just the code you want to run, try it in Xcode. Shouldn't be a problem if it's straight-up C++, with no reliance on Windows UI elements, DLL's, etc. Just set up output to the terminal, set your target as "command line interface", "C++".
If your code utilized anything outside of the standard C++ libraries, game over.

Comment

hajime

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
It works well under Windows 7 and bootcamp on my 2010 MBP 17". I expect that it should run on the rMBP. However, the display may be ugly due to the retina display.

Comment

chrono1081

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Please do NOT use Borland. Its terrible and innacurate.

If you want to stay Mac use XCode, Eclipse, Netbeans, etc. (I prefer XCode).

For Windows Visual Studio, Eclipse, Netbeans, etc.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.