Anybody tried Borland C++ 6 on a rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hajime, Sep 30, 2012.

1. hajime macrumors 68030

Hello, I got some codes that were developed under Borland c++ 6 about 8 years ago. Anybody tried this version on the rMBP? Do the letters, graphics and UI look nice? Thanks.

2. robvas macrumors 68020

That is an antique Windows compiler - what business would you have running it on a Mac?

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

I remember Borland...great software, but it's windows only and I have no idea what version of windows you would need to even run it today.

4. iMacFarlane macrumors 65816

iMacFarlane

I doubt that the full suite of tools for Borland C++ 6.0 would even run on modern Windows systems, let alone OS X. If it's just the code you want to run, try it in Xcode. Shouldn't be a problem if it's straight-up C++, with no reliance on Windows UI elements, DLL's, etc. Just set up output to the terminal, set your target as "command line interface", "C++".
    If your code utilized anything outside of the standard C++ libraries, game over.

5. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

It works well under Windows 7 and bootcamp on my 2010 MBP 17". I expect that it should run on the rMBP. However, the display may be ugly due to the retina display.

6. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Please do NOT use Borland. Its terrible and innacurate.

If you want to stay Mac use XCode, Eclipse, Netbeans, etc. (I prefer XCode).

For Windows Visual Studio, Eclipse, Netbeans, etc.