Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MaTiCeK

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
I see a lot of effort put into apps and software hacks and I love it. The touch became a real PDA substitute. All I'm missing is iSilo and Mobipocket or eReader. All of those apps may come once the SDK is ready so I'm really excited for the future.

On thing all the hackers can't add with software is a microphone. I remember that when the Palm TX came out 3 years ago it didn't have the microphone built in. Luckily some hackers (acctually probably just one, DmitryG) have added the microphone and portet the needed software form other palms.

So my question is whether anyone of you guy can see something similar happen for the iPod Touch?
The biggest obstacle for me is the taking apart part. iPods have no screws, I doubt I can get it back together so solid as it is now.

I'd really loved to see a mic mod, and just maybe a speaker mod. You will probably say go and buy an iPhone. Apple doesn't sell them in my country.

yesthisisapc

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2007
I think the touch supports taking audio notes, doesn't it? When I head in to work tomorrow, I'll see if the iPod mics we sell will work with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.