Anybody tried Momentus 7200.4?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by steffi, Mar 26, 2009.

1. steffi macrumors 6502a

Hard to turn down when they are so cheap right now.

2. isaki87 macrumors regular

Here ya go.

3. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

im going to be getting one of these in the next couple days assuming i can find them. everyone is out of stock.

4. Thunder82 macrumors 6502

I'd have purchased two of these drives a month ago if I could find them for sale anywhere. These drives are currently unobtainable. None on Newegg, Tigerdirect, OWC/Macsales, Ebay.. you name it. I wish someone could shed some light as to what the issue is, these drives seem to be pretty solid, not to mention very quick.

5. NickM macrumors 6502

6. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

I upgraded to a Momentus 320GB 5400 because it was seriously cheap in Singapore. It's a great drive and is much faster than the old 160GB 5400 because of the higher density.

Seagate is one of the best brands. I try and go for their drives wherever possible.

7. scottuf macrumors 6502

the issue is seagate is out of stock. demand was higher than expected. they should be getting more early april. i know this because i've had a warranty replacement on order for 3 weeks now, and they periodically call me to update the status. as soon as they tell me mine is shipping, i'll update the forum.

8. golfhero macrumors member

I have the 500gb 7200. Love it... Some people have complained about noise / vibrations, but mine is just as quiet as the old one I had and has no vibration issues at all. Worthwhile upgrade if you can find one... Heard Dell was selling rebranded ones via their website...

9. emotta macrumors member

I purchased the 320gb 7200 from bestbuy. I returned the 500gb because it was making noises. Not the head lock noise everyone talks about. This one has the same issue. Its def. louder than the stock drive. Honestly, i dont see the difference in speed. I think A real upgrade would be to SSD. however, not until the prices go down. I will take back this drive tomorow to bestbuy.