General Anybody tried SwipeSelection Pro?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by alkalifly, Jan 13, 2014.

1. alkalifly macrumors regular

alkalifly

SwipeSelection is one of my "essential" jb tweaks, and the new pro version looks promising. Any reports from early adopters before I drop $2 on it?

2. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

I've purchased it. I had suffered a lot from the decreased reliability of text entering with the old, free SwipeSelection active and wanted a version that can either be completely disabled or where the area of the cursor movement can be reduced.

With the Pro version, you can force it to only use the top of the space bar for positioning. This means dramatically better precision. This alone is worth the $2, IMHO.

The biggest problem with it is that it's iOS7+ only, while the old version ran on prev. iOS versions just fine, too.

I've tested it on:

iPad 3 7.0.4
    iPhone 5 7.1b3 non-edited build / OS version

Both worked flawlessly.

A screenshot of the "spacebar-only" setting:

[​IMG]

3. alkalifly thread starter macrumors regular

alkalifly

Thanks for being the "guinea pig" for this one! I agree that the space bar setting alone is indeed worth $2. The screenshots on cydia showed the
    "swipe area" menu but did not show what the choices are. I appreciate learning this from you!

4. nheilweil macrumors 6502a

nheilweil

Pretty excited to hear that you could restrict it to the space bar because I've had problems with inadvertently moving the cursor around while I'm typing.

After buying the Pro version though, I realize that I don't like the because the iOS 7 space bar is so small that it makes it hard to use SwipeSelection. But what is cool is that moving the cursor around on the Pro version seems less affected by the movement of regular typing.

Anyways, glad to give such an amazing tweak I've used for so many years $2!

5. DeLoMan macrumors regular

This just made SwipeSelection PERFECT. Well worth $2.

6. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

I also have this on my essential list.

Does this enable you to select a row of letters/words, or just move the cursor?

7. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

Hmm, I find the space bar quite small too, but you can also do longer swipes, it just has to start on the bar, maybe that helps.

I thought I used to be able to do that in the standard version, but in the pro version that feature, if it ever existed, is gone. I've already emailed the dev and asked whether it'll return.

8. DeLoMan macrumors regular

I noticed this too. In the free version, you can hold the shift key and swipe with your other hand to select text. This is not working in the Pro version.

9. alkalifly, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014

alkalifly thread starter macrumors regular

alkalifly

Update just came out fixing that :)

10. freerunnering macrumors newbie

You should really select text by swiping from the "shift" or "delete" key. I always use this myself as I can select text with 1 finger rather than 2 hands.

I broke selecting by holding the shift key because I never use it personally and so didn't notice.

However, I didn't mean to break the old behavior and so I fixed it in this newest update (which is 0.9.2 already in Cydia).

11. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I've had that also, I've wondered if it's possible to add a toggle to turn swipes election on/off via control center or an Activation gesture.

12. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

With this version you can turn it on or off by triple clicking the shift key. Not exactly what you are taking about, but it accomplishes the same thing.

13. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

That will work, thanks

Just went to purchase the Pro version, not supported on 7.1b3:(.

14. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

Works excellently on my 4S with the default settings. Up there with Activator as one of the most useful tweaks as far as I'm concerned.

15. DeLoMan macrumors regular

I had the same problem. Edit the systemversion plist in iFile to say 7.0.4, reboot, and it will install fine. After installing, you can change it back to 7.1 and reboot.

16. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Thanks

17. Qaanol macrumors 6502a

SwipeSelection is one of my favorite tweaks, and I have long wished for the ability to have it only recognize swipes on the spacebar. Are there plans to make the Pro version iOS 6 compatible, or at least to bring the "Swipe on spacebar only" option to iOS 6?

My 4S is on 6.1.2 and I have no desire to “upgrade” to 7, but I would definitely pay $2 for an improved SwipeSelection with the ability to only swipe on the spacebar.

Also, I just want to verify, when you have the Pro version set to only swipe on the spacebar, does that restore normal keyboard behavior on the letter keys? As in, if you start a touch on one key, then you can move around to other keys, and whichever key you end the touch on, that letter will be typed?

18. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

I just checked, it behaves in the manner you stated when swiping only on the space bar is set.