Anybody try Monopoly?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Mjmar, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Mjmar macrumors 65816

I got it yesterday, and I can't stop playing. If you like Monopoly, it's a MUST have. The graphics are fantastic, and the game runs very smoothly.

2. gospel9 macrumors regular

Tried it.
    Had some fun playing with my gf.
    The AI gives up properties way too easily though.

And some of the rules that I want to have, turning off auctions for example, isn't there.

It has nice graphics and generally a good UI, but often times I can't help but feel that sometimes things are missing. For example, during an auction there are times when you would want to take a look at the entire map at a glance... When you start rolling / end turn these buttons are too tiny and they are stuck at the buttom; they could have place bigger buttons on the middle of the screen instead (which has always been a waste of space)...

Overall though it's a very good version of monopoly with a lot of replay value. In my opinion, more fun than Simcity.

3. Gokunama macrumors 6502a

Gokunama

Works well as a fun time killer for my family. We play Monopoly, Uno, or Monkeyball while waiting in lines at restaurants and stuff.

4. extralarge macrumors member

haha, that could be the perfect ad for iphone!:D

5. gospel9 macrumors regular

I thought that multiplayer games are over Wifi only?!

edit: oops I didn't realize that you can change the AI players into human in normal play. That's really good to know next time I know what I'll be playing with my gf while waiting at those super long wait time restaurants~

6. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

I'm still in the middle of a 4-player vs. AI game, but at one point I had $56 million, with nothing but a monopoly on the light blues and three of the transportation properties. :D

[Edit] I won the game with $77 million. :)

7. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Seems like a pretty normal day :D

8. LePigeonBleu macrumors 6502

Anyone know why I keep having it crash as soon as it's opened?

I've restarted my phone numerous times, and still, nothing but crashing.

Thanks,

m