Carrier Anybody UK users having problems with EE 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VulchR, Jun 27, 2014.

1. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I wonder if anybody else in the UK is having problems with 3G reception using EE. Over the past few weeks where I am, it seems as though EE 3G service has declined precipitously - to the point that even though I have a strong signal I am not getting on to the 3G network, or I am being forced on to the GPRS network.

I am just wondering if EE is throttling 3G to encourage users to go over to the more expensive 4G.... Another alternative explanation is that there a problem generated by iOS updates, but in the past this hasn't been an issue.

2. MyRomeo macrumors 6502

MyRomeo

I am!

Network is superb on 4G but as soon as it drops to 3G, no matter how strong or weak the problem it becomes unusable. Speed tests simply fail!

I have reported this countless times and I only get it must be your sim or it must be your phone. When mentioning it to my local store they said there is ongoing 'major issues' with 3G but its been 4 weeks now!

3. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

The O2 network only picks up a 3G signal if it's a five star strong one, like in a city centre. Anywhere else and it's 2G or Edge at best. Been like this for a year now, absolutely terrible. I wonder if 3G is being wound down? Plus the 3G speed is weak, not much better than dial-up. I tested it just now and got 1Mbps.

4. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

I am subscribed to EE 4G service but was traveling in the West Country last week and had no problem with their 3G service. In fact I was getting very fast 3G which i assume must be HSPDA+

5. catean macrumors regular

catean

I have the same kind of issues on Vodafone UK. Following the logic, I think our issues are related to the fact that all the networks are working on extending the 4G coverage and moving the 900Mhz band from 2G to 3G (they are allowed to use this band for 3G too now).

6. merrickdrfc macrumors 6502

merrickdrfc

Yeah I get the same thing in Hull, 4G is superb in the city centre, but 3G anywhere else is completely unusable most of the time. Won't even send iMessages. I'm also on EE.