Anybody use a Henge Dock yet?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bigmike7801, Nov 16, 2010.

1. bigmike7801 macrumors newbie

I'm very interested in the new Henge docks. I really want the extra desktop space it provides plus the quick connect/disconnect it allows, but I'm just afraid that it's too good to be true.

Is it as nice and seamless as they make it seam? Also, is there any risks of using a cd in your Mac Book when it's in a vertical position like the Henge Dock puts it in?

My wife wants a Christmas list and this is on top pending any poor reviews or info from anyone.

Thanks!

2. myiphoneadv, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2010

myiphoneadv macrumors newbie

myiphoneadv

Henge Dock User

Mike,

I'm pretty happy with mine (15" mbp dock). I've read that if you include a lot of connectors (with the dock you can choose to not install certain connectors like the the firewire, or the second usb, for instance) docking is more difficult. I've only populated the power port, mini dp, and usb port and have had no problems at all. I've been able to reclaim a big chunk of my desk. I have no idea if there are any problems regarding the disk drive, as I haven't tried it while in the dock, but I highly doubt you'd have problems. I'm very happy with my dock. I did an unboxing and short review here if you are interested.