Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
Anybody use it? How exactly does it work? I know I can do a bunch of stuff for points, but more specifically how does redemption work.

I saw that some video game systems are cheaper once you have more points. Do they eventually get to a point where they're free?

Note: This is not a way for me to get referrals. Hope THIS isn't against the rules

bailey.y

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Anybody use it? How exactly does it work? I know I can do a bunch of stuff for points, but more specifically how does redemption work.

I saw that some video game systems are cheaper once you have more points. Do they eventually get to a point where they're free?

Note: This is not a way for me to get referrals. Hope THIS isn't against the rules

I'm pretty curious too, I've seen Lockerz around but never really figured it out. How does this points crap work?

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
NJ
i had an account on that site since it was in its beta phase. I got bored with it quickly.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Lockerz seems like a good idea, but is utter crap in reality.
You can easily gain points, but redeeming them is impossible. All the products are gone in <5 seconds.

EDIT: Seems like the way it worked has changed since I last used it. IDK now.

Last edited:

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
It seems as though now instead of a redemption (Like they had before), they have a 'shop'.

You earn points, and the price of the product goes down from retail slowly?

Idk, I have a PS3 down to $187, which isn't even that great of a deal..

MultiMediaWill

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2010
Minneapolis
It seems as though now instead of a redemption (Like they had before), they have a 'shop'.

You earn points, and the price of the product goes down from retail slowly?

Idk, I have a PS3 down to $187, which isn't even that great of a deal..

They still have redemptions... a few months ago I had 2000 old points from 2 years ago so I got lucky and redeemed $25 paypal. Since then I have never gone back to that site.

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
Well, sort of, if I end up posting pictures it's usually through my Twitter account anyway.

Oh okay, I get it.

By the way, I figured out that they have a maximum amount of discount you receive in the shop. For most things, it's either 25% or 40%. :(. I was kind of hoping to get some stuff free from watching all videos and stuff :p.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.