Anybody using an aGent V3 webcam?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Digital Fury, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Digital Fury macrumors member

Digital Fury

I have been looking for the best webcam I could buy to equip my new mac pro.

I was about to get the new Logitech QuickCam Vision Pro, but stumbled on the aGent V3 webcam: http://agent.liquiddigital.com.au/

Anybody using this? I can't find a professional review about it and never heard of the company.

Note: Yes I know I can use a camcorder et al. , but I want a webcam to hook on my monitor, not something else to clutter my desk, and I'm already a long time iGlasses customer.

2. dougdc3 macrumors newbie

did anyone ever reply to you on this?

did you end up purchasing a webcam?
    I am looking for something for my old imac running leopard -
    saw the agents on ebay & look like a good alternative to isight (if they work...)

3. jayartibee macrumors newbie

just bought a couple. Post here in a couple of weeks if you want a verdict.

4. ndriver182 macrumors 6502a

I'm curious about this one also. I just stumbled across it on ebay and couldn't find any information.

5. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

Looking at the aGent V4. The specs look good, but I am wondering about real use. Can't seem to find anyone here who has purchased one.

6. jayartibee macrumors newbie

They are EXCELLENT!

I have two- superb build, lovely packaging, good accessories, very sensitive in low light, very sharp.

Highly recommended!

7. nsps macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info, Jay. How long did shipping take (and where are you located)? I really like the (iSight-inspired) design, and with the exchange rate the price is only around $70 USD.

I'm trying to decide between this and one of the Logitechs (9000 or more expensive Vision Pro) or maybe the firewire Unibrain I-Fire. The only budget solution worth pursuing seems to be the Xbox cam, which has no mic, but that's not an issue as I'm getting this for a G5 iMac. Anyone have comparative experience with any of those?

8. jayartibee macrumors newbie

9. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

I don't have the agent, but I did end up buying the Logitech Vision Pro, and it's well worth the money. Clear, sharp autofocus, etc...very nice :)

It's basically the same as the 9000, except that the 9000 has most of the features built into the software (winmodem, anyone?), where the features are all built directly into the hardware on the Vision Pro (hence why it costs more.)

10. free radical macrumors newbie

avoid it

I have it. Picture quality is ok but overpriced, in my opinion. Audio setup is totally useless.

11. claydo25 macrumors newbie

i have one

the other guy is right...... the camera works ok, but iv'e never gotten the audio to work..... but i think i only paid like $25-35 for it...... looks good....nice package....probably not as good as iSight, but cheaper.....it DOES seem like there is no support available though....

12. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I have the v4, and it rocks several different socks. Can't tell you about the v3, though.