Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sabre364

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
I've been using it as an alternative to firefox...which hangs too much for my liking.

But I have 2 problems with it.

When I am using a mouse the center scroll wheel click will not close a tab (provided i'm clicking on the tab) nor will it open up my homepage in a new tab (when i center click on the home page button).

Any ideas if this is possible to do?

sabre364

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
Firefox hangs for you? What Mac do you have?

MBP, 2.4ghz, 4gb

its not so much it hangs, its more that its much slower when i enter stuff into forms and things like that than safari or camino. i dont even have many extensions/add ons, mainly just ffvb, unlinker, and foxy tunes

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
Thanks for the informative tip, mkrishnan.

I, for one, use Camino regularly at home (I also use Safari, and DON'T like Firefox's UI at all, hence Camino as my alt), so stuff like this is always nice to know.

-tWv-

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2009
Ohio
I have never tried camino but I have been using a browser called stainless for about the past month (switch from firefox). It is still in beta but it has some great features coming and a very simplistic interface. I use it mainly because of its amazing speed compared to firefox and safari. It is also very very lightweight. It has never used above 100MB of memory. Also, it gets a 100/100 on the Acid3 test which is pretty impressive for a browser that is still in beta. I would suggest trying it and see what you think. The devs at mesadynamics are working toward a 1.0 release which is very exciting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.