Anybody using High Sierra with AirPods...

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by bbates123, Oct 1, 2017.

1. bbates123 macrumors 6502

If there's anybody out there using High Sierra with AirPods AND have set up custom controls in IOS 11 like skip track, can you confirm that these behaviors follow through to your Mac as well? This used to work just fine for me in Sierra (i.e. skipping tracks in iTunes or Spotify by double tapping my right pod) but no longer works in High Sierra. Works fine on my phone.

2. DanielDD macrumors 6502

Go to System Preferences > Bluetooth > click Options under AirPods

You'll get this menu. Set up the actions you want for each AirPod

Attached Files:

3. bbates123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Good lord you are my hero, thank you! I spent an hour on the phone with Apple tech support and they were going to have me reinstall my OS, thank god I didn't. Is this new with High Sierra? Before with Sierra it just worked they way I had it set up on my iPhone.

4. DanielDD macrumors 6502

This is new to High Sierra. Before you couldn't choose different actions to be assigned to each AirPod and now you can. Probably your settings got reseted because of these changes.

By the way, you can set up different settings for each device you use. That's why the settings on your iPhone didn't carry through

5. bbates123 thread starter macrumors 6502

It makes sense and it's actually better this way. Surprising though how little info there is out there on this. I found nothing on Google and not even the Apple support reps know. I should have thought to look in Bluetooth preferences. Anyhow, thanks again.