anybody using Iphone as a unversal remote?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by labman, Jan 30, 2011.

1. labman macrumors 604

labman

I have seen several attempts to use the Iphone as a universal remote control. i'd really like to have the function. I just haven't been able to find a good one. is there anybody happy with theirs. there are allot of the out there with promise do any deliver.

2. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

are you aware that you need to purchase an attachment for your phone to turn it into a controller and its not just an app? I think its infared or something like that.

Not trying to jack thread, but im waiting to use my iphone has a ps3 controller so i can navigate netflix and use keyboard function.

3. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

I just bought the Samsung PN63C8000 and it controls it just lovely, it connects through the network since the tv is on it. Pretty cool I can use the phone to type into all the apps and stuff..ect..ect

4. himesh macrumors regular

If you want to use your iPhone as a remote, the two best remotes I have seen are these. L5 Remote and New Kinetix. Cost around £60.

5. peteisanidiot macrumors regular

...not if your components are wifi enabled. i have two televisions and two roku units controlled by my phone without any additional hardware.

phoneflix has a decent roku remote. too bad it's not standalone.