Anybody using Lion Developer preview 2 on 2011 MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mr1, Apr 9, 2011.

1. mr1 macrumors member

I'm considering putting lion on this ssd thats in the mail... has anybody here been using it on their 2011's??

2. 8CoreWhore, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2011

8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

I read in several places preview 2 still does not have the drivers needed. :(

EDIT: I see that DEV PRE 2 does run on 2011.

3. mr1 thread starter macrumors member

Where did you read that? I tried searching around and this is all I could find.

4. Starfox macrumors regular

I'm using it on my 15" MBP 2011, transitions on the integrated GPU start sluggish - ugh.

5. mr1 thread starter macrumors member

What do you mean transitions? Are there any other problems you've noticed?

6. G-Money macrumors member

I assume Starfox means the transitions like when you open Mission Control, for example.

I'm running it on my 15" 2011 MBP, as well. Mission control is incredibly sluggish for such a new piece of hardware. I'm assuming it is just an issue with DP2 not being optimized for the new models, because otherwise I'm sticking with 10.6.

Other than that, the drivers seem to be just fine - the only issues I've run into are programs (like Evernote) that simply don't run on 10.7, but that has nothing to do with the MBP. Also, I have no idea why when you do a 4-finger swipe up, instead of showing my desktop it simply focuses on the main window I have open.

Also, I wasn't able to get Lion's trim support on my non-Apple SSD, but I haven't played around with that enough.

7. mr1 thread starter macrumors member

Did you use the TRIM enabler app or did you do it manually? I had read that the trim hack works with 10.7

8. Macsavvytech macrumors 6502a

Macsavvytech