Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Original poster
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Howdy!

Anybody [else] using Pixate? It's a slick product, it lets you use CSS/SASS to style iOS apps (talking native, i.e., Obj-C/XCode). It's been great for us, especially since we "whitelabel" our app now, and doing a quick restyle (from a central styling mechanism) is very helpful.

OK, so that's my pitch for folks not using it, if you are using it, I'm assuming you've updated to V1.1 (currently on RC2) due to iOS7 compatibility. After we did, we started getting herky-jerky scrolling in our main CollectionView, and I've read other folks experience this. I've also read of some folks seeing what sounds like the same sort of issue with long TableViews.

It's not terrible, but it's definitely not the same buttery smoothness we were experiencing before. This is sort of our main presentment area too (it's a photo sharing related app, and this is the main photo stream).

If you delete all the styling code in the SASS file, the smoothness is back, so it doesn't appear to be Pixate in and of itself. If you go though the SASS and try to isolate it, must be be some specific combination of markup, seems nearly impossible to isolate.

Anyway, I figured if there were other users, I could see if you were getting any scrolling issues in Collection/TableViews, if you had figured out any workarounds, etc.

Thanks for reading :)

D.T.

macrumors G4
Original poster
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
OK, so that's my pitch for folks not using it, if you are using it, I'm assuming you've updated to V1.1 (currently on RC2) due to iOS7 compatibility. After we did, we started getting herky-jerky scrolling in our main CollectionView, and I've read other folks experience this. I've also read of some folks seeing what sounds like the same sort of issue with long TableViews.

It's not terrible, but it's definitely not the same buttery smoothness we were experiencing before. This is sort of our main presentment area too (it's a photo sharing related app, and this is the main photo stream).

Well, RC2 appears to have fixed this :) Didn't look like much traction in here for users, but if you were considering it (it's now free), it's back the better product we experienced with 1.0.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.