Anybody wanna buy a 1.67GHz Powerbook?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by BaddestArvai, Mar 2, 2017.

1. BaddestArvai macrumors regular

Haven't posted here in a few years. I still love these machines but right now I have no interest in keeping one of my favorite computers. Was wondering if anyone here would like to buy my PowerBookG4 (the last one made with the better processor and screen) 1.67GHz. Running OSX 10.5.2. I know it still powers on I just don't have a power cable. I would obviously get it up and running before selling. I also have another 1.67GHz model I would sell with it for parts. I was thinking $150? They both work but the parts one has a busted screen and it's pretty beat up. Just seeing if I can grow any interest. The computer is in good shape.

2. bobesch macrumors 6502a

bobesch

Oh, 150$ seems to be a bit on the expensive side, especially if it comes without powercable.
    I've got three of them (15"DLSD) at the average price of about 70$ each. Two of them nearly in a pristine condition with all the original accessories and maxed out RAM - one has been a bit of a construction-site, but it's my daily driver now and I gave it an mSATA upgrade.
    Certainly great machines, but 90-100$ would be my limit, if I should need another one ... ;)

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

It is.

I paid $70 for my 17" A1013 two years ago. Granted it's the complete opposite of this Mac as it's the first of that model line, but it was IMMACULATE so therefore worth the $70 to me.

The only other thing I'd mention is that this thread is outside of the marketplace and the mods might not like that.

4. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

Agreed on the price-$100 would be top dollar for a pristine working one.

I paid a bit more for my A1139(17" version of this) but they're MUCH more difficult to find than the A1138.

The last A1138 I bought was around $60 shipped on the marketplace here, and I ended up reselling it to another member here for about the same.

5. BaddestArvai thread starter macrumors regular

Like I said I've been out of it for a while and I barely found this forum. I'd probably sell both for $110 plus shipping. I have a charger I just have to find it. I can get pictures of it later. I have 3 old iBook G4s I would sell for $30 plus shipping. One of them works but it has the video card issue.

6. Slix macrumors 6502a

Slix

Do you mean $30 for all three iBooks? Mind if I send you a PM about that? I believe we might live close. ;)

7. BaddestArvai thread starter macrumors regular

Pm away!

8. dustinschings macrumors 6502

dustinschings

I may be interested in the part PowerBook if you know if the IO board and/or Logic board work and are willing to sell if reasonably cheap. PMing!!