Anybody work at an Apple store in UK?

Mac Rules

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2006
489
332
Switzerland
Hi guys n girls,

I'm currently looking for a new job in various places, and thought, why no the Apple store, so for all of you that do work in the Apple store, can you tell me what its like, how good the pay is etc..

I'm only interested in part-time work as a sales assistant, or along those lines...

Cheers
 

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
2,626
0
Mac Rules said:
Hi guys n girls,

I'm currently looking for a new job in various places, and thought, why no the Apple store, so for all of you that do work in the Apple store, can you tell me what its like, how good the pay is etc..

I'm only interested in part-time work as a sales assistant, or along those lines...

Cheers
You're forbidden to post in Apple-related forums if you work in an official apple store ;)
 

JFreak

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2003
3,146
0
Tampere, Finland
...and you're forbidden to post in PC-related forums if you own Apple computers ;) so, take a moment to think about your cyber life before you commit to leave it all behind ;D ;D ;D
 

dextertangocci

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
1,767
1
AlBDamned said:
You're forbidden to post in Apple-related forums if you work in an official apple store ;)

:eek:

I feel sooooo sorry for all the people who work in Apple Stores:D

But how will they everfind out if you do:p
 

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
2,626
0
dextertangocci said:
:eek:

I feel sooooo sorry for all the people who work in Apple Stores:D

But how will they everfind out if you do:p

The same way they find out if their employees downloaded the WWDC preview of leopard - because people are stupid sometimes and they talk about what they do when they shouldn't... :rolleyes:
 

dextertangocci

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
1,767
1
AlBDamned said:
The same way they find out if their employees downloaded the WWDC preview of leopard - because people are stupid sometimes and they talk about what they do when they shouldn't... :rolleyes:
I don't think those employees should have been fired.:(

They just wanted to try out Apple's new OS:)
 

Spock

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2002
1,847
1,004
Vulcan
AlBDamned said:
You're forbidden to post in Apple-related forums if you work in an official apple store ;)
And none of us have EVER done ANYTHING forbidden right?
 

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
2,626
0
Spock said:
And none of us have EVER done ANYTHING forbidden right?
I wasn't implying that, but the OP was asking what it's like to work in an Apple store in the UK. Yet, writing on this forum such as, "Hey I work at the Apple store in Regent Street and it's like this.... And, if you work as a technician like me - you get paid this much etc etc" would be a pretty dumb thing to do. So it's unlikely anyone would be able to come back to the OP with a genuine answer.

That's all.

Of course, Apple resellers and people who used to work at Apple stores may be able to answer to some degree.
 

Squire

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2003
1,563
0
Canada
Mac Rules said:
I'm currently looking for a new job in various places, and thought, why no the Apple store, so for all of you that do work in the Apple store, can you tell me what its like, how good the pay is etc..
I was just going to start a thread asking the same questions (then I used the handy "search" feature). I'm interested in working at one of the Canadian Apple stores.

Can anybody attempt even a ballpark response to the original question? My guess is the regular sales reps (Mac Specialist?) make about the same as sales reps in other retail stores. Depending on location, 8 to 12 bucks an hour???

-Squire
 

Project

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2005
2,298
0
Im interested in what level of knowledge these guys have, as ive had mixed experiences from my visits to the Apple store.

Just how genius are the geniuses? Do they need to intimately know Terminal, every app etc?

And what about the SpecialistS? Is that more about knowing the products?
 

Squire

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2003
1,563
0
Canada
Project said:
And what about the SpecialistS? Is that more about knowing the products?
Yes, I think that "specialist" is just the title given to the regular sales staff.

-Squire
 

Squire

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2003
1,563
0
Canada
Mac Rules said:
Don't worry about it guys n girls, something else has come up, so its all good :D :D :D
Speak for yourself!! :D I'm still interested. (Hourly pay, anyone?)

-Squire
 

millypede

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2004
262
42
UK
Squire said:
Speak for yourself!! :D I'm still interested. (Hourly pay, anyone?)

-Squire
from what I recall during my interview it was about £6.25 p/h, that was about 18 months ago.

Were about in the UK are you?
 

Squire

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2003
1,563
0
Canada
millypede said:
from what I recall during my interview it was about £6.25 p/h, that was about 18 months ago.

Were about in the UK are you?
Thanks. That's $13/hour in Canada. A little higher than I expected.
I'm in Korea but moving to Calgary in the winter.

-Squire