Anybody worried about the iPhone 6s Plus' increased weight (192 gms)?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saintforlife, Sep 12, 2015.

1. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

The iPhone 6 Plus was 172 grams. The 6s Plus tips the scale at 192 grams. Anybody worried about the substantial increase (almost 12%) in weight of the larger iPhone? I am coming from an iPhone 5 and when playing with the iPhone 6 Plus at the Apple Store I found it to be on the heavy side. I think the 6s Plus is going to be even worse.

Question for people who came to the 6 Plus from a 5 or 5s:
    Do you eventually get used to both the size and the weight and reach a point where you don't really notice it?

2. ultravisitor macrumors 6502a

ultravisitor

Somehow, I think you'll be able to manage an extra 20 grams of weight. I don't think your wrists will break.

3. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

I'm not worried about it, but it definitely comes to mind often. I mean the 6+ is legit heavy for a phone. It's really noticeable when laying on your back and holding it above your face - especially when it slips out of your hands and smacks you in the face. It's no laughing matter like the old iPhones, it hurts!

4. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Yes, I ordered a special belt to wear in order to prevent a hernia when I carry it. Twenty grams is equivalent to approximately 0.7055 ounces

5. DynamicSausage macrumors 6502

DynamicSausage

I don't see it being too much of an issue. Sure the phone may be on the heavy side but size to weight should be nicely balanced. Let's not forget the days when even 192grams was a featherweight, I'm sure I'll manage.

6. toughnut macrumors member

I concur.

7. ZipZap macrumors 601

8. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I'm going to start taking steroids so I can handle it.

9. ZipZap macrumors 601

It came down to pocket ability for me. I don't want that huge bulk in my pocket. Even though the ladies were always impressed.

10. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

11. allprologue macrumors regular

If you're worried try a Plus in store or from a friend. The S-plus is 20g heavier so not significant, you'll have some idea how it feels.

I'm going from a 6 to a 6s+ and i'm excited for the size. last year I was worried but maybe I just needed a year with a stepping stone :p

12. Ortiz7983 macrumors 6502

Really? Worried? Give me a ****ing break man. Sound like a *****.