Anybody's iPhone 4 sluggish lately?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saintforlife, Apr 17, 2012.

1. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

The guy was workin like a champ until a few days ago, but all of a sudden everything has gotten sluggish on the phone. Especially text input. The phone can't keep up with my typing and I make a lot of typos. I haven't done anything to the phone lately like install new apps, update firmware (it has the latest) or anything like that. It is giving me nightmares of how iOS 4 bricked my 3G and forced me to upgrade to the iP4. Could this be the harbinger of the impending 'new' iPhone release? Apple forcing people to upgrade, planned obsolescence or whatever?

2. terraphantm macrumors 68040

I noticed the same with my mom's iPhone 4. Her phone is jailbroken, but there's nothing really installed on there that runs in the background

3. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

You may want to look into the different procedures of performing a restore to see if this resolves the 'lag' your getting.

4. firemedicmark macrumors 6502

mine had this same issue, finally went away but def annoying

5. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Powering down your iPhone every so often can help too.

6. wademvp91 macrumors member

I'm a big fan of shutting of the iPhone and then holding the Power and Home button down simultaneously once it awhile. It's the Apple equivalent of a battery pull. I find that it helps.

7. Willyb26 macrumors member

Willyb26

Haven't noticed any "slowing down" here. But it would be so creepy if apple could slow down all the iPhones at their command...

8. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Available if they are jailbroken !

One i use and does very nicely.

:)

----------

Yeah, Tim Cook has his finger on a slider that does just that to the apple user community ! Lol.

9. chuges macrumors member

mine's been feeling a tad slow lately, even after quitting all open apps and restarting the phone. I bought it last february.

I've also been noticing small random holdups. Like when I open the Music app, the top clock bar stays black for a few seconds before turning white to match the music interface. And some sluggishness with the keyboard, general tasks, etc.

I'm not sure if it's actually slower though or if it's because I just got the new ipad which makes me notice the older iphone's hangups more.

Make sure you have some disk space free (500mb+) - I heard that it slows down a little if you use up all your capacity

10. pcl818 macrumors newbie

I have a 4S and also have experienced a slight sluggishness overall, but particularly noticeable when opening Messages and using the keyboard. There's almost a one sec pause.