anyome have slickwraps installed?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by m3gatran, Nov 9, 2017.

1. m3gatran macrumors member

I’d like to use an Apple case but want the bottom covered. Will the wrap be compatible with an Apple case?

Would appreciate it if someone could post pics of their installed glossy or matte wrap.

2. MCube74 macrumors 65816

Won't the sides of the skin get lifted when installing the Apple Case?

3. m3gatran thread starter macrumors member

I’m hoping it doesn’t. I’m getting mine in about 3 days. I’ll let it sit for about a day or two before I attempt to put it into the Apple leather case. It’s not as tight as other cases so I’m hoping it doesn’t peel or shift.

4. techspin macrumors 6502a

If my iPhone 7 is any indication, the Apple leather case will lift some edges/corners a tiny bit. Once any lint gets stuck there it doesn't look very good. This is after letting the skin dry/cure for weeks.

5. MCube74 macrumors 65816

I was planning to do the same .

Put 3M film protection and then put on the Apple Leather case but the shop where I get the 3M installation done, advised me against the idea.

6. TheBrokenBee macrumors 6502

TheBrokenBee

Any dbrand or slickwraps causes no issues with the apple case. They are fairly thin and can fit in easily and nicely. No lifting.

7. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

Anyone have photos of their slickwraps? I'd like to see what it looks like on the phone.

8. Daranx macrumors regular

Daranx

I'd take that with a pinch of salt as the apple leather case is pretty tight and from my experience with my iPhone 7 + dbrand skin, it will most likely damage the skin trying to force a case over it.

I'd probably say it'd be safer to use a TPU or similar style case which is slightly stretchier. I used a Caudabe sheath case over my dbrand skin on my iPhone 7 with no issues.

9. TheBrokenBee macrumors 6502

TheBrokenBee

I mean you can choose not to believe me. My 7 fit fine with a dbrand skin on it inside a leather case. I am using the Rhinoshield bumper now with a dbrand skin on my 8.

10. Daranx macrumors regular

Daranx

Not so much questioning you but with so many people who may struggle to even apply a skin on perfectly, more likely than not they will have issues with many cases fitting over them without issue. I’ve had good installs and bad installs and it’s quite easy to screw it up especially in the corners.

Do you have a case-compatible skin by any chance or a full rear skin?

11. TheBrokenBee macrumors 6502

TheBrokenBee

I currently have a black dbrands applied - the full one with sides and I have 0 trouble putting them in spigen cases and apple leather cases. I have a iPhone 8.

12. m3gatran thread starter macrumors member

Could you post some pics please. Also anyone else with skins on their iPhones post them as well. I’m sure a lot of user would like to see them. Thanks guys for your replies so far.

13. TheBrokenBee macrumors 6502

TheBrokenBee

I wanted to but I dont have another phone around me right now :/

14. m3gatran thread starter macrumors member

Ask a friend to take a pic lol. Would greatly appreciate it

15. blue rocket Suspended

blue rocket

16. Stylnator macrumors member

I'm going to use Rhinoshield's Mod case (bumper + rim, ditching the back plate) w/naked slickwrap.

However I don't even have my X yet and don't know when the skin and case will show up (in fact I ordered rhino shield a while ago, no word from them yet so I'd recommend against them if you need a case now). Will post phone w/skin when everything gets here.

17. jdm905 macrumors newbie

Can you put a bumper case with that?

18. Stylnator macrumors member

19. PTVMan macrumors 6502a

What case is this?

20. blaine07 macrumors 68000

21. chenjas1 macrumors member

I have the black honeycomb skin on my X. Love the way it looks and it adds some texture and grip to the back.

Attached Files: