Anyone able to get Boot Camp XP on new Penryn MBP working?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by matperk, Feb 28, 2008.

1. matperk macrumors 6502

Has anyone had any luck/even tried Boot camp on one of the new Penryn MBPs? I have it going, but whenever I try to run the driver install I get a blue screen of death when it attempts to do the wireless driver install. I reinstalled XP twice and I'm still getting the same result.

2. fatflock222 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem with vista on my penryn macbook pro... both the wifi and isight dont work>>> also the keyboard shortcuts dont work

3. fatflock222 macrumors newbie

i have feeeling you need to use the leopard cd that came with the not the retail leopard disk....... i have yet to try it because my disk is at home and im at college

4. wgilles macrumors 6502

wgilles

I put in the recovery CD that comes with the laptop and it worked fine. Installed right away, no blue screen or anything.
    Fatflock222: With the new MBP, it doesn't come with a Leopard disc like the last MBP model, it only comes with the recovery CDs now because it already has Leopard loaded on there when you get it.

5. Pees330 macrumors 6502

I installed Vista via Boot Camp and it's working perfectly. I used the drivers that came with the recovery discs. Not any problems.

6. Chow7 macrumors member

I also had no problems installing. Just use the recovery cd for drivers.