anyone able to get macbook to output 13666 x 768?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mrweirdo, Dec 16, 2007.

1. mrweirdo macrumors 6502

Hey all I have an origonal core duo black macbook with the Intel GMA950 in it runing leopard. Anyways I'm having a hell of a time with it trying to hook it up to either one of my HD Sets(a panasonic 32" LCD, 46" Pioneer Elite plasma). I'm using a dvi to hdmi cable to connect to the tvs(thats all the pany supports). However for the life of me i cant get it too look good on either tv and will not run at 13666 x 768(native res of both tvs) even with the software add ons like SwitchResX. turning on/off overscan doesn't seem to help. I can either run it at resolutions that don't fill the entire screen or fill the entire screen(with 1900something) and then some which look horrible.

Has anyone been successful at getting a regular macbook to work with an HD set as a monitor? how about running it at 1366 x 768? I'm beginning to wonder if the Intel GMA950 is even cable of that resolution.

2. TheStu macrumors 65816

The GMA950 can run the internal display at 1280*800 as well as an external display at up to 1920*1200... so it can drive that TV of yours no problem... Have you tried clicking 'Detect Displays' on the Display preferences window? See if it will do it then?

3. Zer0 macrumors regular

4. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

You need VGA. HDMI is a bit sharper but VGA will fill out the screen.

5. mrweirdo thread starter macrumors 6502

unfortunately my Panny only supports HDMI or component video so there isn't a whole lot of options there.

Anyways as far as detect displays it does detect my TV as a Panasonic TC-32LX600 which is correct hover it only offers 1200 then 1900 something. I'll have to hook back up to get the exact specifics. Also I don't believe the TV supports 1:1 pixel maping but will allow for overscan and i seem to be able to turn it on or off from osx.