Anyone able to talk AT&T into early upgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jtt2006, Oct 14, 2011.

1. jtt2006 macrumors newbie

I have an Iphone 4 that is cracked - we need a new phone but I don't get a discounted price until December. I think the early upgrade prices kick in around 18 months since contract. I would like to upgrade now so I can use my phone - I dont want to invest more to get it fixed (long story) would rather just upgrade the broken phone.

Anyone able to talk AT&T into providing an earlier discount date than what is stated when you log onto your account to get eligibility date for discount?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

best way to do it is go to the AT&T store talk to the salesperson then ask for the manager. Show them you screen be nice. I have heard people having much more luck in person then over the phone. Good luck!

3. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

No luck for me earlier this week at an AT&T store, and I'm eligible on November 6th. But maybe after things settle down a bit they'll be more flexible.

4. VydorScope macrumors regular

VydorScope

I know 2 people that did that today at ATT stores, both were about 1.5 months early on upgrade

5. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

I got turned down at a few spots trying that being as nice as possible. I think AT&T has limited wiggleroom with Apple devices. I am in the 11/22 camp.

As much as I would have liked a new device on launch day for another month or so it is definitely worth the $250 savings.

6. dawiyo macrumors member

I'm in the same boat as you OP. My upgrade date is 11-30-11. By then, I don't know if I'll want to upgrade at all.

7. diiamond89 macrumors member

diiamond89

i got an early upgrade today, and had to pay 200$ more then the normal upgrade.
    but it was worth it, my original upgrade would of been march 21st 2012