Anyone achieved stable 4k@52hz with El Capitan?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by wakele, Oct 7, 2015.

1. wakele, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015

wakele macrumors member

Jan 9, 2015
    Hello. I posted something similar in another thread related to my monitor (p2415q).
    Let me explain.
    I have had my mini working good at 4k and 52hz with yosemite and switchresx till now. I moved to El capitan, and it is rejecting the same setup.
    I disable the new system security to allow switchresx to install the new resolution, I reset, the resolution is enabled and some times it works when I choose it (1080p hidpi, crispy as it used to be in yosemite). The next time I boot the mac, it always goes to black screen, which doesn't make any sense, since it worked the previous session! From that point I have to delete the setup manually from the directory where these setups are stored in order to get the display port working again (in 1440p lowdpi...).
    I've read a similar post with someone having the same issue with El capitan and another Samgung 4k monitor.
    Does anyone have a workaround to solve this problem?
    Thanks in advance.
    I will stay in yosemite whilst, since I can't bear 30hz and can't see very big improvements in El Capitan, but I would like to solve this though for the future!
  2. willstevo94 macrumors newbie

Nov 8, 2016
  3. wakele thread starter macrumors member

Jan 9, 2015
    No...I gave up and just using the dell in 2k 60hz using sierra. 30hz is annoyant!
    Will use full 4k 60hz with my new macbook pro!