Anyone actually care about the reviews?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Phitz, Jun 26, 2007.

?

Could the reviews change yoru opinion?

1. Yes, if the reviews are bad I may not get one

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. No I'm getting that iPhone if I have to strangle a kitten for it

20 vote(s)
    80.0%
  3. I'm not getting one anyway, wait, why am I reading this?

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. Phitz macrumors newbie

OK so many of us are excited to hear what the general media thinks of the iPhone, but what if the reviews are bad? Will anyone honestly care?

I personally don't care if the reviews say that the iPhone will eat babies and take my left testie, I will have one on Friday...

2. Jeffrey903 macrumors member

I am getting the iPhone on Friday. Period. There is very little that will stop me from getting it (basically only a family crisis).

3. applehero macrumors 6502

I really don't care. I already know what I like and don't like, doesn't matter to me what anyone else thinks. I'm buying it, and I'll buy the upgrade when it is released.

4. Phitz thread starter macrumors newbie

holy #$&%

Wow, you guys replied before I got the poll up, good work

5. diabolic macrumors 68000

Not really. Personally, I already expect the touchscreen keyboard to take a bit of getting used to, as well as relatively slow network speed. If those are the only main complaints, the phone will be exactly what I am hoping it is. Neither of those issues would stop me from getting one.

6. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

No, no one is going to change my mind about what I already want to get.

coolosxapps

7. terrrrrible macrumors regular

I'm interested to read some of the reviews, for the chance that they might reveal some stuff that Apple talked about yet, but I'm getting one regardless of what they say.

8. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I'm getting one...but of course I'll be interested in the reviews..not going to change me buying an iPhone, I'd just like to know

9. eddietr macrumors 6502a

They won't change the fact that I'm going to get 2 on Friday (if they don't run out of 8GB models.) So in that sense, no.

But as a shareholder, of course I care. Unfortunately these reviewers have a fair amount of power in the short run. In the long run, of course, people will eventually come to their own conclusions especially when they see their "techie" friends using the iPhone and get a chance to actually play with them.

10. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

I don't think the reviews will change anyone's mind here.

But they will affect many other potential buyers, and of course, the stock market.