Anyone actually have iOS 4.1 Beta 2? Does it really fix the proximity sensor?

zub3qin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
There are scant reports online about iOS 4.1 Beta 2.
So I thought I'd ask here on these forums- the world's best iPhone authority.

Does anyone actually HAVE iOS 4.1 Beta 2 and in YOUR experience, has it fixed the proximity sensor?

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007
It sucks because I'm an iPhone Developer and want to put on the 4.1b2 firmware on badly, since I hear it does fix the issue, not to mention the fact that AVRCP is finally implement for Bluetooth playback control.

However, installing the firmware makes it difficult for me to develop my existing applications on it, since the non-beta version of Xcode won't talk to the beta firmware properly, and if I installed the beta version of Xcode, I can't submit my apps to the App Store built with that SDK.

Ugh, I'd wish they'd just hurry up and release it already.

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007
Media accounts, unfortunately. Lots of developers are in my position that are trying to work on and release software, but don't want to play with a beta firmware that requires a beta SDK that you can't build production software with. :(

zub3qin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
Media accounts, unfortunately. Lots of developers are in my position that are trying to work on and release software, but don't want to play with a beta firmware that requires a beta SDK that you can't build production software with. :(
I've seen scattered reports on Apple's discussion forums stating that this beta 4.1 does NOT fix the sensor issues. I've also heard from one reporter that it DID fix their issues.

Anyone else have any info on iOS 4.1 Beta 2?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.