Anyone actually have iOS 4.1 Beta 2? Does it really fix the proximity sensor?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zub3qin, Jul 30, 2010.

1. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

There are scant reports online about iOS 4.1 Beta 2.
    So I thought I'd ask here on these forums- the world's best iPhone authority.

Does anyone actually HAVE iOS 4.1 Beta 2 and in YOUR experience, has it fixed the proximity sensor?

2. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

It sucks because I'm an iPhone Developer and want to put on the 4.1b2 firmware on badly, since I hear it does fix the issue, not to mention the fact that AVRCP is finally implement for Bluetooth playback control.

However, installing the firmware makes it difficult for me to develop my existing applications on it, since the non-beta version of Xcode won't talk to the beta firmware properly, and if I installed the beta version of Xcode, I can't submit my apps to the App Store built with that SDK.

Ugh, I'd wish they'd just hurry up and release it already.

3. zub3qin thread starter macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Have you heard this first hand or from media accounts?

4. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Media accounts, unfortunately. Lots of developers are in my position that are trying to work on and release software, but don't want to play with a beta firmware that requires a beta SDK that you can't build production software with. :(

5. zub3qin thread starter macrumors 65816

zub3qin

I've seen scattered reports on Apple's discussion forums stating that this beta 4.1 does NOT fix the sensor issues. I've also heard from one reporter that it DID fix their issues.

Anyone else have any info on iOS 4.1 Beta 2?