Anyone actually used AppleCare+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by janeauburn, Mar 13, 2017.

1. janeauburn macrumors 6502a

janeauburn

2. LoliS macrumors regular

I have used it many times. You have 2 options:

1) make a genius bar appointment and take your phone in; or

2) call 1-800-My-iPhone and have them mail you a replacement - they will charge your credit card for the non-return fee and when you mail your broken/defective device back, they refund it. If your device has accidental damage, they charge you the $99 deductible + sales tax.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 13, 2017 ---
    Is your device damaged or defective?

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

It's easy with or without AC+.

But yes, I've used it to replace an iPhone 5 twice.

4. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

I replaced a iPhone 4s once. Since then I just skip the AC altogether. Using Apple Care was easy though.

5. BeefCake 15 macrumors 65816

BeefCake 15

The only problem with option 2 is they said they will refund me the charge on my card but NOT the sales tax associated with that charge...I ended up doing option 1 because of it.

6. LoliS macrumors regular

Well whomever you spoke to gave you false info. They refund the entire amount. They can't legally collect sales tax on something they refund since no sales tax is owed.

7. BeefCake 15 macrumors 65816

BeefCake 15

Yeah that's what I tried to explain to him... figured won't risk it and took a drive to the store for pickup instead.

8. Mac Tyson macrumors member

Mac Tyson

Had an issue with iphone 7 home button vibrating 'loose' and sometimes strong. They swapped it with a new one. In and out in about 20mins.

9. Foggydog macrumors 6502

Foggydog

ASUGRAD1999 just had his phone replaced. It seems that Apple are is indeed worth the money if you leave your phone on the roof of your car and drive off.

10. LoliS macrumors regular

Or if you spill a beverage on it or drop it in the pool. Plus it covers the headphones, cable and charger.

11. OriginalAppleGuy macrumors 6502

OriginalAppleGuy

My 5S home button started having a problem. Went to the Apple store after scheduling a genius appointment around lunch time. In and out in the time it took for them to walk to the back, get a new or refurb phone and hand it to me. Awesome experience!