Anyone actually used AT&T ipad 2 in another country?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by austinnative, Apr 14, 2011.

1. austinnative macrumors newbie

Any issues? What was the process to get it going? How was the performance? Singapore is where I would plan to use while there on business. Thanks.

2. laurenr macrumors 6502a

I have used mine in Australia where I purchased a micro-sim from one of the local carriers. Worked like a charm. :)

3. poloponies macrumors 68030

Performance has nothing to do with the iPad, it's based on coverage where you end up. I had my iPad (1) with me in (Eastern) Europe this summer and 3G signal strength really depended on where I was (exactly like it dies in the US). Overall, the GSM (AT&T) model makes life much easier if you do any traveling abroad.

4. dave006 macrumors 68020

No issues while I was in Singapore. There are I think 3 carriers that offer iPad data plans.

1. SingTel
    2. M1
    3. iCELL

I chose SingTel and while their pricing was a little high, they did offer unlimited 3G data. How long are you going to be there as that makes a difference? There is also an option for free WiFi in many areas of Singapore City. You might need a little local help getting the WiFi password sent to you via SMS.

I used SingTel for the Micro-SIM, $12.60 with 3 days unlimited data and then an additional $10 for 2 more days of service. For me it was not a good value as my hotel package covered free WiFi for multiple devices.

Dave

5. diegosilang macrumors member

I used mine (ipad 2 3G AT&T 64gb model) in the Philippines for 2 weeks with a Globe prepaid sim card. I had to cut it into a micro sim size and also had to change the apn settings. I used the unlockit website to change the apn settings for the iPad 2. It worked seamlessly :D.

6. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

Used mine in Portugal and brazil! Worked great both times.