Anyone already on iUP denied this year when trying to upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by senzi1, Sep 19, 2016.

1. senzi1 macrumors newbie

Signed up for the iPhone Upgrade Program last year to get the 6S Plus on launch day.

Started the mortgage process a couple months or so ago and am scheduled to close on a house in a couple weeks. When talking to my mortgage processor he recommended not to get the 7 Plus right now and wait for the mortgage to close since the way the program is set up I will basically have to apply for a new loan and take another credit hit after I return my 6S Plus.

My question is has anyone been denied an upgrade this year while trying to get the 7 or 7 Plus? I'm a little concerned that I am getting another rather large loan for my mortgage and that I may get denied even with a pretty good credit (750).

Any one have any advice or input? Thanks!

2. 8pril macrumors member

Your mortgage won't report to credit bureaus for a few months so if you get your 7+ right after you close you'll be fine. That would be the time to apply for new credit cards also. I unfroze my Equifax for a day to get the 7+ on launch day. I applied for a mortgage a month after getting the 6S+ on launch day and had to explain the inquiry. I closed in mid-December and it didn't report until April of this year.

I'm not sure if Citizen's fixed the denials with high limit credit cards but I chose a lower limit (under $10K) credit card just in case.

3. senzi1 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's awesome and really helps put my mind at ease. I would hate to get denied for a upgrade.

4. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502a

SisterBlue22

Also, a current mortgage with no late payments is a good thing on your credit, not a bad thing.