Anyone an accounting major?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Rhosfelt, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

I am taking an online course over the summer, and I don't know if I trust the answers this teacher is giving me.. She seems to be more worried on people cheating, and I am getting bad grades (for me, 82 and a 77.5 :() I just don't know if I can trust her and I think she said don't bother asking me to explain the questions, so I am pretty upset over the whole thing.

So what I would like someone to do is look at the test and the answers and tell me really what the hell I am doing wrong. I have to teach myself, and before that hasn't been a problem. I don't know if I just don't get accounting or if I am just getting screwed.

2. c073186 macrumors 6502a

I am in my fourth year of accounting; what level are you on? Is this financial or managerial/cost? I can't say I'd be a huge help but I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

3. Rhosfelt thread starter macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

it is just financial, 201.. I am going into PR/HR so I don't really need to know this, however this online thing doesn't really help me, its kind of annoying because it just seems like accounting goes way out of the way to do simple things. haha

4. furious macrumors 65816

furious

5. rhsgolfer33 macrumors 6502a

I'm going into my 3rd year as an Accounting major; more info would be great. Your teacher definitely should be taking the time to explain things, accounting can be very difficult with a poor teacher.

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Yep, accounting is the art of replacing a guy with a checkbook and a pen with a department staffed by 40 people.

7. c073186 macrumors 6502a

Accounting is easy... just remember A = L + SE ... (JK) :D

8. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

a few basic tips

1) think of people as assets you can toss like tissue paper
    2) learn the art of cooking, books, that is
    3) chant to yourself ten times daily, "i have no conscience, i have no conscience"
    4) regularly beat animals and people smaller than you

i hope this helps

9. rhsgolfer33 macrumors 6502a

Except for the fact that a guy with a check book has little knowledge of preparing financial statements for share holders or managers, probably knows very little about how he or his corporation are being taxed, and probably wouldn't know how to expense the $5000 Mac Pro that he just wrote a check for.

I'm just glad tax laws and audits get more complicated by the year and less and less people are pursuing accounting while the demand increases. Can you say increased salary?

10. c073186 macrumors 6502a

You might not be glad when you are working 90 hours per week with those tax laws and audits.

11. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

my buddy in high school had a dad that was vp of a major grocery chain and he made good money in silicon valley

but his wife made more money than him from her bedroom office in just three months during tax season as an enrolled agent, but those hours in that period were totally insane

there were days she worked 20 hours

12. Rhosfelt thread starter macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

I need to email the test to anyone who is willing to help, Thanks everyone! and PM me your emails, because the test is in word document form.

Thanks again to everyone!