Anyone any issues with EVGA 670 4GB?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by afterworks, Nov 19, 2012.

1. afterworks macrumors member

Hey Guys,

So I've had this card for a few months for gaming in Windows. However everything is crashing. Games wise, in Windows. All gravy in OS X (but then I don't do anything that would push it in OS X).

I recently re installed Windows, so all drivers are up to date and apart from BF3, Black Op's 2 and Deus EX theres nothing on there.

I'm basically trying to figure out whether theres a power issue or something before I look at returning it. I know they'll be iffy when I'm sure it's theres a hardware fault with the card, and when they ask about the rest of my hardware I say it's a mac blah blah blah blah...

I've seen a few other PC related posts about people getting some dodgy cards.

If other people are using the card in theirs mac's ok then I can be fairly sure it's the card.

I have a MP 3.1 2.8 Quad core.

Thanks!

2. brentsg macrumors 68040

As long as it's taking 2 6 pin power connectors it should be fine. Just RMA the card to EVGA and you should be good.

3. DanielCoffey macrumors 65816

DanielCoffey

Do you have a PC-using buddy you can trust to stress test the card for you?

4. sarthak macrumors 6502

Check the temperature of the card.. Typically reference cards need a fan curve added in through evga precision. It may be heating up...

5. afterworks thread starter macrumors member

Unfortunately I can't test it with anyone.

Have emailed EVGA but in the mean time will check on temps etc.

However, using precision software, if I 'turn down the card' I get a bit more time playing Deus Ex etc before it crashes.