Anyone/Anywhere in UK selling NewModus Caddy or Optibay?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iLeW, Aug 20, 2011.

1. iLeW macrumors newbie

iLeW

Hey all

I made the mistake of buying a cheap caddy solution off eBay which I had read on these forums was "easy" to strip down and would fit really nicely. However it was a complete nightmare and even when it was done the bottom plate of the macbook wouldn't go completely flush to the upper case.

Now I'm doing what I should have in the first place and paying more to get a more refined solution. I'm wanting the NewModeUS Caddy as it looks like a good balance between quality and price, however buying it from the US adds shipping costs & the possibility of getting stung with an added 20% tax when it enters the UK. Therefore I was wondering if anyone knew of a UK reseller or alternatively someone on these forums currently selling their NewModeUS or Optibay caddy. I have a 2011 Macbook Pro 13 inch.

Thanks Guys

Lewis

2. Oxonian3 macrumors regular

I do believe you can only sell at MacRumors market place after you received a rank of Macrumors regular.

3. bb426 macrumors 6502

bb426

Uhhh, I think he was asking where he could buy an Optibay in the UK. He's not trying to sell it.

Unless I read it wrong 3 times. :p

4. iLeW, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2011

iLeW thread starter macrumors newbie

iLeW

No problem guys. After looking at the forums again it seems the general consensus now is that the Nimitz caddy works well and is a good price. Going to go ahead and order that. Now I just have to figure how to remove the screw in my macbook that no longer has a head :(

Just bought the Nimitz. Hopefully I have better luck this time!

5. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

there is a marketplace on macrummors :eek: