Anyone been able to order for In Store Pickup

Discussion in 'iPad' started by netnothing, Mar 7, 2012.

1. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Anytime I get to the cart with the base 16GB wifi....it says not eligible.

Yet their page says you can?

Anyone had any luck?

-Kevin

2. MrBambinoDent macrumors regular

3. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

I already reordered so I'm not absolutely positive but I believe it said in store pickup was not available.

4. netnothing thread starter macrumors 68040

netnothing

According to this page:
    http://www.apple.com/retail/ipad/

It says:

Buy it online and pick it up at your favorite Apple Retail Store on March 16, where we’ll get you set up.

-Kevin

5. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

I was able to click "Select Store" but every time I put in the zip code it would always get stuck and show no store.

Now it says "Not eligible" I will give it time

6. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

I think they are no longer doing in store pick up it was available at first now it says no longer available

7. Nothlit macrumors regular

Yeah, this is really annoying. I live in MA but wanted to pre-order for pickup in NH (tax-free) and it's not letting me.

8. Nothlit macrumors regular

This morning the in-store pickup option seems to have re-appeared.

9. netnothing thread starter macrumors 68040

netnothing

Just an update that I was able to preorder for in store pickup late last night.

-Kevin

10. puncho macrumors member

Do we have to pick it up on March 16th? What is the window we're allowed in case we can't do it on that day? Thanks.

11. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I'd avoid the Apple store on the 16th like the plague. Would rather sit at home and wait for the FedEx guy to hand it to me.

12. netnothing thread starter macrumors 68040

netnothing

I believe in the past you've had until 9-10pm that day to pick it up or else it can be giving to a waiter.

-Kevin

13. puncho macrumors member

I just spoke to a chat rep. She said I can contact the store directly after the order is placed and confirmed and they will work with you to try to specify the date.

14. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

THIS. There is no need to fight the crowds.

15. Steelers7510 macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

So does anyone know what time we will be able to pick up in store? Last year it was 5pm, which was convient because you didn't have to wait in line all night for an AM release.

----------

For some people (like myself) it saves a lot of money if you live in the near vicinity of an Apple store in a state with no tax. For example, I'll be going to the Christiana Mall Apple Store in DE where there is no tax, thus saving me around $50 in MD sales tax.

16. netnothing thread starter macrumors 68040

netnothing

Last year there were NO preorders for the iPad 2. So the only way to get one was stand in line all day. The stores closed at 5pm and reopened at 6pm to sell them....all first come first serve.

This year, with home delivery preorders AND store pickup preorders.....I'm guessing they go on sale in the morning when the store opens....but no idea.

I have my store preorder that says I can pick it up on the 16th....but no time given.

-Kevin

17. Iffy22 macrumors member

I ordered mine for store pickup but I will not arrive in the US until April 6. For how long will they hold it in the store if it's available already on the 16th?