anyone bought a mac from pixmania?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mr miyagi, Mar 25, 2010.

1. mr miyagi macrumors member

HI all
    I am looking at buying the following MBP from the below website:

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/2981022/art/apple/macbook-pro-mb990b-a.html

I think its a good price for that MBP I can get a further 4% off the price bringing it down to £777.48 which is 1,151.69 USD. Compare that to the best price i can get from Apple with my employee purchase programme discount is £862.45 which is 1,277.55 USD.

Does anyone think this is a good deal to go for the above website. One thing I have a feeling about is that they might have brought the price down as it might be a French based MBP (as pixmania is a french company). If that is the case would I have any problem with warranty related issue?

http://store.apple.com/uk_epp_137053/browse/home/shop_mac/family/macbook_pro?mco=MTAyNTQzMzk

thanks in advance

2. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

Pixmania is a fantastic site, and I can see why you might be worried about a french MBP.

They only sell UK versions, otherwise they'd state it on their website. I've bought cameras, TVs etc. from them and never had a problem, only thing that sometimes puts me off is their shipping fees, they can sometimes charge over £30 for shipping which sucks :/

Buy it

3. mr miyagi thread starter macrumors member

thanks joel for that. what about the warranty for the UK?? Good to hear its a UK based MBP. I am really amazed at the price though. From what I can see the specs seem to be the same ones as the one on the Apple website. I dont think any other website can do it cheaper.

4. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

This will come with Apple's standard WorldWide warranty of AppleCare for 1 Year (can be extended to 3)