anyone bought a new standalone wired mighty mouse lately?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by whiteyanderson, Sep 10, 2007.

1. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

just wondering if anyone has purchased a standalone wired mighty mouse recently? reason i ask is i know the new iMac's mouse has a much shorter cord to plug into the new keyboard. i bought the new aluminum keyboard for my new "old" white imac i bought in august right before the new imac was introduced. while i do LOVE the new aluminum keyboard, plugging the old mouse into it's side USB port is very irritating because the cord on it is so long and keeps getting in my way. existing USB ports on the back are at a premium as well...

anyhow i was hoping that they had changed this cord length on all the mice they are shipping but, they may have not due to "retrofitting". any info would be great.

thanks in advance.

2. lugesm macrumors 6502a

lugesm

The cord on my new mighty mouse is approx. 20" long.

3. whiteyanderson thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks. i figured they would keep them longer. which i guess is smart on their part. but, kind of blows because the mice shipping with the new imacs is what like 14" shorter? guess i'll just deal with it until they change that. strange though that they would make 2 different mice and not offer them both for sale. especially with the new keyboard out and it is replacing the older white ones.

thanks very much you saved me $50.