anyone bought a refurb 24" Cinema Display?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by btownguy, Aug 17, 2009.

1. btownguy macrumors 6502a

If so, were you pleased with it? Were there any scratches on the glass or the casing? Any issues with the display at all? At $599, it's quite tempting.

2. coolbreeze macrumors 68000

coolbreeze

Got one last week to go with my Air.

It's perfect. Looks brand new. No dead pixles, scratches, etc at all. Highly recommended.

3. daracne macrumors newbie

I bought one a couple weeks ago, and couldn't be happier. It looks just like a brand new monitor, no scatches or blemishes. The screen is in perfect condition with no dead pixels as well.

4. waiwai macrumors regular

regardless of whether a product is new or refurb. there is always a chance there will be some sort of "imperfection". if there is a problem with your refurb, there won't be a problem with getting an exchange or return on it so long as it is within 14 days of purchase, so you're protected. just remember with regards to dead pixels... I believe Apple has a 4 or 5 dead pixel policy... if its at or under those counts, it is deemed to be "acceptable" and getting an exchange on it will be difficult. normally best to go with a return, they can't counter it... Just say you aren't satisfied with the product and you want ur money back.

5. RMo macrumors 65816

RMo

As waiwai said, I wouldn't worry too much about buying a refurb from Apple. I've all of my computers refurb except one (I couldn't wait that long to get the aluminum MacBook :)) and never had a problem--and Apple's standards for refurbs are practically like they are for new ones. Of course, these were computers, not "accessories," but Apple's policy is the same.

Good luck!

6. benborman macrumors member

I just got mine today. I have to say, this could pass for brand new, aside from the generic box it ships in. Excellent display!