Anyone bought accessories for the watch already?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by Locoboof, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

I'll be buying the 42mm SS with the leather band. I'll end up buying a black (or white) sport band to use at the gym. Also,I'll end up getting at least one extra magnetic charging cable. That way I can at least leave one in the car and the other cable at home.

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

That's assuming we can even do it. Some sources indicate that purchasing individual bands will happen shortly after launch rather than during pre-ordering or on day one.

3. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

Oh wow! Are you serious? I can't imagine not being able to buy one in store on the first day. If true,that would really suck.

4. macness macrumors 6502a

macness

my plan is to preorder the SS Apple watch on the 10th with the black sport band and then buy a secondary bend when available

5. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

Another sport band or leather?

6. Julien, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015

Julien macrumors G3

Julien

What sources are reporting this? That would be a tremendous financial mistake because it's a fact that point of sale is when you have the best opportunity to sell HUGE amounts of accessories.

7. gcooldude86 macrumors 6502

I'm definitely buying the 2 meter charging cable along with my watch. I want to have one for home and at work.

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I agree with you. There are conflicting websites saying "shortly after launch" or "at launch," indicating that they may not be available for pre-ordering. But, yes, they'd want to make them available at least on day one (or even better, before). They're just rumors at this point.

9. dannyyankou, Mar 23, 2015

dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Anyone buying extra bands/accessories on day one?

I'm buying the black sport band to go with the space black stainless steel case. I'll use it when I'm working out.

[​IMG]

10. bnekic macrumors 6502a

bnekic

I'm getting the 42mm sport in silver and buying an extra black sport band and a blue leather loop.

11. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Just the bands that come with the 42mm Space Grey Sport for me :)

12. dannyyankou, Mar 23, 2015

dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Anyone buying extra bands/accessories on day one?

Deleted

13. jamesapp macrumors 6502a

I'm planning on buying the space black ss with black link bracelet. And getting a green sport band.

Having read the comments I would love an extra charger too will see.

14. Downs2011 macrumors regular

I plan to get the 42mm SS and switch between the Milanese loop and a black rubber sport band. I think this combination is my favorite right now. If possible, I will get those two for pre-ordered and then get the leather band down the road to get a refreshed feel. I like the idea of third party bands, but honestly, I don't think anyone will match the quality the apple is supplying. I'm sure there will be cheaper bands available at some point, but I don't see the logic in paying $700+ on an AW and then trying to be cheap at the same time. I do also believe that every 1st generation AW band will be useable with at least the 2nd generation.

15. macness macrumors 6502a

macness

Probably the milanese loop. I wear a suit to work so the watch needs to watch black and brown leather depending on my shoe and belt combo

16. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

That Milanese loop is sexy! I'll get the black leather band with my SS watch,but a sport band as well for the gym. But I'm eying that Milanese though. Very nice choice

17. Downs2011 macrumors regular

I know the extra bands will be nice to have but does it bother you that your paying the same price as a SS with rubber band? I was thinking the same as you at first but I feel the sapphire display is a better investment than extra bands. Then again, the AW might be a bad investment all together :D

18. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I don't think people think in terms of that. Some have an extensive collection of cases that combined cost more than what they paid for the iPhone itself.

19. bnekic macrumors 6502a

bnekic

No because I don't want the SS, it's gonna look gross full of fingerprints on that shiny finish. I much prefer the matte finish on the aluminum plus I can get two more bands for the price of the SS.

The gorilla glass on the sport watch will be perfectly fine.

20. rhyme macrumors regular

rhyme

I'm probably going to get a Watch with Milanese Loop plus a modern buckle band on day one.

Before composing this response, I checked the US versus Australian prices to see whether it would be worth waiting a couple of months to buy on a forthcoming holiday in the US and the answer was that it is cheaper, but after sales tax, it's only a small difference in the states I will be visiting, so not worth the hassle -- unless there's a way to get it duty-free?

Interesting to note that the Australian Apple store lists them as "straps" while the US store has "bands". ("Watch strap" is more common than "watch band" in Australian English, but we understand both).

21. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

No chance that bands won't be available at launch.

22. InAustralia macrumors 6502

InAustralia

I don't agree. I think that Apple will not sell additional bands to customers on launch to maximise the band options for customers who want to buy an Apple Watch.

It would not be good if you go into an Apple Store and can't buy the watch you want because they have run out of the band you want. In order to reduce the likelihood of this on day 1, I would think they are going to limit your purchase to 1 band only. After the launch period and they have satisfied initial demand for the Apple Watch, you can then purchase any band you want.

23. Dave245 macrumors 601

Personally I'm buying a SS with bright blue leather loop and 2 sport bands one white and one black on day one.

24. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

You seem to be confused. Whatever :apple:Watch you pick out has that band in the box included. It would have no effect on individual bands sold as an accessory.

[​IMG]

25. franzkfk macrumors regular

franzkfk

Guys, I don't know If you are aware of this but believe me you'll be lazy to change your bands every now and then. You'll end up only with one band at all. That's of course only for people who wants to buy an extra band for gym/workouts. That's why I am torn between fluoroelastomer and milanese loop.