Anyone bought an 8/8+ and selling for an X

trife

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2012
Me. Didn’t plan on getting the X, but alas I caved to the hype. Will get my 8+ unlocked and sell via Swappa.

gui0312

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
How much you think you can get for it on eBay and such? Any of you on IUP? I would need to pay mine off and sell.

Stridr69

macrumors member
May 8, 2012
Nope. Keeping mine for a while and let others be the R&D Dept. while I sit on the sidelines and wait for the kinks to be ironed out. And there WILL be kinks for sure! But, for those folks out there getting the "X" I wish you the best of luck!

Applefan4515

Suspended
Sep 19, 2016
How much you think you can get for it on eBay and such? Any of you on IUP? I would need to pay mine off and sell.
I plan on throwing it up on swappa for $750. Mine is gsm unlocked mint condition and that’s what swappa claims they have been selling for.

bradley8795

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2013
I bought the 8+, wasn't planning on getting the X, but now I have decided I will. Will be giving the 8+ to my mom.

Reactions: iMi

1080p

macrumors 68030
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
Nope. Keeping mine for a while and let others be the R&D Dept. while I sit on the sidelines and wait for the kinks to be ironed out. And there WILL be kinks for sure! But, for those folks out there getting the "X" I wish you the best of luck!
I had the first iPhone. It only had "2G." I survived.
I had the iPhone 3G. People complained about "dropped calls." I survived.
I had the iPhone 3GS. The plastic backs were prone to cracking. I survived.
I had the iPhone 4. People had "antennagate." I survived.
I had the iPhone 4S. People had battery life issues. I survived.
I had the iPhone 5. People had scuffgate. I survived.
I had the iPhone 5S. People had issues with the accelerometer. I survived.
I had the iPhone 6 Plus. Some people sat on their phone and it bent. I survived.
I had the iPhone 6S Plus. Some people had Samsung chips. I survived.
I have the iPhone 7 Plus. Some people have Intel modems. I survived.

There has never been an iPhone that had a problem so bad, that I couldn't enjoy it. Every iPhone has been the best smartphone I have ever owned. The iPhone X will be no exception.

Last edited:

iMi

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2014
Exactly how I feel about it. Well said.

Applefan4515

Suspended
Sep 19, 2016
Then what was the point, really? You must be taking a loss just because you needed a new top of the line phone for 6 weeks while you wait for another new phone?
As dumb as it sounds, I really couldn’t wait to get away from the galaxy s8 plus. Biggest problem with it was the charging port was loose, making it virtually impossible to charge while I was at work. Samsung wanted me to go 9-11 days without a phone to fix it. Well I can’t do that, as I use my phone for work. Sure I probably could or stretched the s8 plus out, but not without a headache.

Reactions: Ghost31

Hoosier317

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2016
As dumb as it sounds, I really couldn’t wait to get away from the galaxy s8 plus. Biggest problem with it was the charging port was loose, making it virtually impossible to charge while I was at work. Samsung wanted me to go 9-11 days without a phone to fix it. Well I can’t do that, as I use my phone for work. Sure I probably could or stretched the s8 plus out, but not without a headache.
Okay, I was totally prepared to trash you for whatever reason you supplied...but this isn't all that bad. I can understand why you did it. :)

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2010
Sounds like a waste of money to buy than sell for the X, your basically paying up for a marked up iPhone X in that case...:oops:

gui0312

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Sounds like a waste of money to buy than sell for the X, your basically paying up for a marked up iPhone X in that case...:oops:
Getting a new iPhone every year is a waste of money when the one from 3 years ago works
Perfectly fine, if you want to go with that rationale. The point of this thread wasn’t if it was a waste of momey, as it wasn’t intentional to buy an 8 plus to just get an X but, more of a buyers remorse and now wanting the X.

Ortiz7983

Suspended
Aug 6, 2012
How is it a waste of money. If he wanted to have the iPhone 8 for 6 weeks and then get the iPhone x, then it’s not a waste of money. Maybe for you but that’s what he wanted.

Reactions: geemiller05

chrisforpm

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2015
I am one of those that was all hyped about the 8 plus and then realized after that I wanted an X. Oh well will sell the 8 plus and enjoy my X

WolfSnap

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2012
SoCal
Returned my 8+ to Apple. I’m now rocking my 1 year old 7+.

Seriously, 7+ is a huge downgrade from the 8+... can’t wait for the X

Mikeeee

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2017
I bought the 8+. Loved the phone coming from a 6 but felt drawn to the X. So I returned it within the return period. Couldn't fathom buying a new phone and then taking a hit when selling it 1 month later though.