Anyone bought an HP Photosmart Plus lately?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Giuly, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Giuly, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011

Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

Hi,
    I bought the Photosmart Plus yesterday at the local Best Buy equivalent because, well, the paperless office doesn't work if people demand papers.

[​IMG]
    It worked perfectly fine except for the Right-Arrow touch button. I called HP and explained the situation, they told me that I could RMA it, and if the technician decides that it needs to be replaced, I'd get a refurbished unit. Sounded like a pretty bad deal, so I decided to get it replaced at the store, which they did without any problems. The second printer gave me problems as soon as I started it up, the tooth wheels inside sounded like skipping and the printer made weird noises while printing the ePrint test page. The Right-Arrow-Key worked even less. I replaced that one, too. Now I got one exemplar which doesn't make weird noises, the Right-Arrow kind of works (by now I assume a faulty design as all other keys are working fine and this one doesn't on all three printers).
    Well, but guess what:
    [​IMG]
    The lid is cracked. I'm tired of replacing this thing. I'm now going to get the forth printer, with the knowledge that the Right-Arrow key most probably won't properly work, and that I'm lucky if it's not cracked nor broken.

I'd be fine with just getting the lid replaced, but I doubt that HP will do that.

Is this just bad karma, or is this part of the HP PhotoSmart Plus feature list?

2. VTMac macrumors 6502

That's some serious bad luck. Either that, or I have good luck. I bought the same printer 10 days ago from Costco. Worked perfect straight out of the box. It was actually the easiest printer I've ever set up. No cracks or other oddness either.

Maybe where ever you're purchasing yours got a bad batch. Maybe return it and buy from a different store?