Anyone bought EFI modded cards for their MP from this seller?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Gav Mack, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Gav Mack macrumors 68020

Gav Mack

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/LOCAL338-ONLINE-STORE?_rdc=1

Searched the forum, found a few all good reports but not recently so I wondered about anyone else's experience buying cards on eBay shipped from Hong Kong from LOCAL338 over the past year or two? His feedback on the cards looks very good but that's soon after the sale and comments are limited in length!

Apologies to MacVidCards and all his satisfied customers but I'm on a shoestring having blown my budget on the other upgrades for the 3,1 and his used cards per buck look seriously good value. I don't need a monster just something a hell of a lot better than my freshly baked and pasted 8800GT for CUDA, 260, 460 at most and also as important nothing to over stress the PSU.

Cheers in advance!

2. DanielCoffey macrumors 65816

DanielCoffey

If you are happy ordering from HK in the case of needing a Return, he certainly presents his stuff well.

3. Gav Mack thread starter macrumors 68020

Gav Mack

Happier with his huge feedback, only problems I've had abroad with purchases is fake apple parts from china. His airdrop compatible airport card upgrade I think I'll buy too.

Besides I'll strip the card, give it a gentle bake, repaste it with artic silver and fit new thermal pads if it needs them! I should really get a card and do it myself having flashed thousands of bios and video bios over the years but since I bricked an EFI laptop and get a chip resoldered about a year ago my nerve has gone a bit when it comes to EFI!

4. flowrider macrumors 601

flowrider

I have a MacVidCards Modified GTX570 in the For Sale Section of this forum.

Forum rules say I can't post the link.

Lou

5. Gav Mack thread starter macrumors 68020

Gav Mack

Forum rules suck when you haven't made enough posts but you've been around the place for so bloody long :mad: