Anyone bought iMac from Powermax?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by smckenna3, Oct 22, 2015.

1. smckenna3 macrumors newbie

I've been looking to buy the latest iMac and was looking to see where i could get the best price. Another thread mentioned a company called Powermax but the price they quoted looks too low.

Anyone have experience dealing with them?

2. AL2TEACH macrumors regular

I got a refurb cube from them years ago. I seen the site and the only caution, make sure you look at the new imacs. I was a tad confused because it seems like they have the older and new together without stating which is which, from what I seen.

3. MISSTINA macrumors newbie

I have done business with Power Max on several occasions. I've done trades with them and also purchased brand-new items. I've never purchased anything used. They don't charge taxes which means normally they will get the better price. But buying brand new is no different that purchasing from Apple, Bestbuy or any place else.

4. MISSTINA macrumors newbie

Yeah both are listed just have to look at the model number. Also the display picture is different.

5. HerrMann macrumors member

Which begs the question - why do it? You are increasing your risk for zero reward.

6. smckenna3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm asking them for some clarification on the quote they gave me as it must be used a used item they originally quoted me for even though I was specific for late 2015 model.

7. MISSTINA macrumors newbie

Sorry, meaning because it's brand new. Why do it because you that state doesn't change taxes. So you save about $200. I bought I bought my last iMac Late 2009 from them....
    This time went with Bestbuy because I was able to get one as soon as the truck came in that afternoon. I sold my iMac sooner than expected and didn't want to be without for much longer. I will be purchasing my iPad Pro from them as soon as the preorders begin.